GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Vadoran Gardens» Forums » General

Subject: Welcome rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
Lover and creator of immersive games, join the adventure!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome everyone!

Today I am announcing Vadoran Gardens and will be releasing more information in the coming weeks.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Frank! What is the ‘complexity’ rating (BGG scale) of this game? Is it a light,medium light or medium weight game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!

I would say it's medium light.

You can compare Vadoran Gardens to games like Barenpark, Queendomino and Indian Summer.

I wouldn't expect it to take more than 4 or 5 minutes to teach new players and I'd happily play it with children.

However scoring well is going to be a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Watnegutten
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a date for the kickstarter release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently looking at launching this in April, however I wont be comfirming the date for another couple of weeks as I want to make sure fulfilment of The City of Kings is complete before launching a new project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Watnegutten
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome - April is an ok timeframe for now.
If your other games will be anything like TCoK (with regards to the effort and love you put down in them), they're instabuy for me.

you've set a pretty high standard with that game ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Piland
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I saw a youtube video listing upcoming kickstarters (I clicked it because I saw the Vadoran Garden art in the thumbnail), and it provided April 10th as the KS date... Did I miss an anouncement? Either way, is that looking to be about right?

(I'm really looking forward to this one, especially now that my daughter keeps really wanting to play TCoK with me... She's four and not very good... Hoping this'll be more her speed. We haven't stepped up from King to Queendomino yet, but she's ready).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JTPiland wrote:
I saw a youtube video listing upcoming kickstarters (I clicked it because I saw the Vadoran Garden art in the thumbnail), and it provided April 10th as the KS date... Did I miss an anouncement? Either way, is that looking to be about right?

(I'm really looking forward to this one, especially now that my daughter keeps really wanting to play TCoK with me... She's four and not very good... Hoping this'll be more her speed. We haven't stepped up from King to Queendomino yet, but she's ready).

Hey Joshua, this was the plan I've been working towards and planned to announce last week but a few things have changed due to the release of TCoK.

I'll be sending out an update in our newsletter and everywhere else this coming week detailing dates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.