Ally

Han Solo
Chewbacca
Rebel Troopers

Villain

General Weiss
IG-88
Royal Guard Champion

Does buying these add anything to the way the app plays or are they purely cosmetic. If cosmetic I'll most likely still grab them, I'm just interested to know if they change anything in app.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
But they do change things. In my campaign, the Rebels had the Rebel Troopers as allies in one mission, and IG-88 as well as the Royal Guard Champion had their appearance as villains.

I guess I would have gotten a stormtrooper squad or something similar, if they are not in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RowleyBirkinQC wrote:
Hi All,

I've spotted that the following Ally and Villain packs will work with the app:

Ally

Han Solo
Chewbacca
Rebel Troopers

Villain

General Weiss
IG-88
Royal Guard Champion

Does buying these add anything to the way the app plays or are they purely cosmetic. If cosmetic I'll most likely still grab them, I'm just interested to know if they change anything in app.

Cheers

In the Collection section of the app it will tell you what each expansion and character pack adds.

Ally

Han Solo - ally that can appear in any campaign
Chewbacca - ally that can appear in any campaign
Rebel Troopers - 2 allies that can appear in any campaign

Villain

General Weiss - villain that can appear in any campaign
IG-88 - villain that can appear in any campaign
Royal Guard Champion - villain that can appear in any campaign

That being said I don't have Weiss (I just have the token that came with the base game) and he just showed up in my most recent mission. So for those packs that have tokens in the base game or expansion it may not matter.

There are a few expansions that also add items. I'm not sure of all of them but as an example The Grand Inquisitor will add an item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the packs "work" because the groups are already included in the core set. The packs only replace tokens with figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
But they do change things. In my campaign, the Rebels had the Rebel Troopers as allies in one mission, and IG-88 as well as the Royal Guard Champion had their appearance as villains.

I guess I would have gotten a stormtrooper squad or something similar, if they are not in my collection.

All of these you are saying, they are all on the base game, so having the miniature pack probably didn't influence the app decision to include this vilain/ally in, you would just use their cardboard token if you didn't have the miniature for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:

I don't think it changes anything if you have the tokens included with the base game. I've seen Weiss show up in my campaign and I don't own his villain pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, right, forgot about those tokens! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the feedback.

So if I'm right, the ones I mentioned wouldn't add anything as the tokens are in the base game (which the apps first campaign is designed for), but if I were to play new scenarios (when they come out) I would need to buy them for them to be included? Or not as the tokens would also be included in the relevant expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RowleyBirkinQC wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

So if I'm right, the ones I mentioned wouldn't add anything as the tokens are in the base game (which the apps first campaign is designed for), but if I were to play new scenarios (when they come out) I would need to buy them for them to be included? Or not as the tokens would also be included in the relevant expansion?

Bc you own the base game all the tokens included with itnwill always be available in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
I've had Luke and Han Solo show up as allies on the campaign despite not owning any expansions so yeah I'm not sure what exactly marking that you do own those booster packs does for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke I can see, but are you sure about Han Solo?

Also note that you can easily use the AT-ST provided in the game as a mini proxy for General Weiss. All you're missing is his tiny body and T-Rex arms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ashworth
United Kingdom
Todmorden
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can think of in regards to adding the miniture to your collection on the app, is that maybe the app adds the side missions you get with the miniture boaster packs to the campaign?

So on that note, I’ve added Luke (which you get with the core set)to my collection on the app, to see what happens in our next game of IA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gerac
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just noticed that adding Luke was even an option. Since he comes in the core set that makes sense, but I wonder why there isn’t an option to add Vader to the collection but you can add Luke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a different Luke. The Luke that comes with the base set is "Luke Skywalker, Hero of the Rebellion" and the Ally pack that is sold separately is "Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.