Popular Tags: [View All]
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry my english.

I'm having difficult to understand the emergency brake rule.

It's my turn. My speed is 3 points (100 km/h), my brake is 1 point. I use one point to brake, my speed now is 80 km/h (2 points). Then, I use emergency brake using 1 brake and 1 tire point and save 2 spaces.

Question: My car no move in this turn? He stay stopped?
Is strange because if my car do not move, his speed should be ZERO, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here we go. After read (and read, and read) the rulebook and simulate some matches, I've come to some conclusions.

Emergency brake only can use to avoid exceed the speed in a corner. My exemple above is wrong. If my car move only two spaces before a braking line he don't need use Emergency Brake because he don't will exceed the speed corner.

I think that not exist one situation where the car will don't move any spaces in a player turn using Emergency Brake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Amaddeo
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
All above it's somehow correct: I'll try to explain it a little better.

Let's say you are 3 spaces away from the corner and you must move 5 spaces: if you moved all the movement allowance you would enter the corner. Imagine your speed would be to high for the corner, so you decide to use emergency braking: you move your car 3 spaces approaching the corner and decide to drop the 2 remaining spaces, assessing 1 Brakes damage point and 1 Tire damage point.

More clear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JRC_Firewalker wrote:
All above it's somehow correct: I'll try to explain it a little better.

Let's say you are 3 spaces away from the corner and you must move 5 spaces: if you moved all the movement allowance you would enter the corner. Imagine your speed would be to high for the corner, so you decide to use emergency braking: you move your car 3 spaces approaching the corner and decide to drop the 2 remaining spaces, assessing 1 Brakes damage point and 1 Tire damage point.

More clear?

Yes, very clear, Carlo. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.