GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rumbling advance enhancements. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cragheart has a card rumbling advance. The bottom portion has move 2 with an upgrade pip, then damages all adjacent allies and enemies. Am I correct in assuming that if I wanted to add jump to that card it would cost 100gp because the move can affect multiple targets? So would I need to double the base cost of the enhancement from 50 to 100?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
the damage ability is seperate from the move. move is never doubled as it only affects yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

If I may ask about adding attack hexes...

The rules state in order to add an attack hex you would divide 200 by the number of hexes currently on the card correct? So it would cost 100 gp to add a third attack hex to a card like Avalanche which already targets two heroes correct?

I am not sure I understand why it’s more expensive to add one hex to a two hex attack than it is to add 1 hex to a 3 attack card 200/3=66. It makes me feel like I am not quite understanding the enhancement.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
Thanks!

If I may ask about adding attack hexes...

The rules state in order to add an attack hex you would divide 200 by the number of hexes currently on the card correct? So it would cost 100 gp to add a third attack hex to a card like Avalanche which already targets two heroes correct?

I am not sure I understand why it’s more expensive to add one hex to a two hex attack than it is to add 1 hex to a 3 attack card 200/3=66. It makes me feel like I am not quite understanding the enhancement.

Thanks.

if you enhance with more and more hexes, most of the time you only get like 0.3-0.5 monsters under the new hex on average. Adding a new hex to a big aoe doesnt nessesarily add more targets to the effect or attack. Most bigger AOE's that can be enhanced are on higher leveled cards which also upgrades the basic costs. So the more hexes the aoe already has, the cheaper it becomes to enhance it with more hexes.

Note that the total cost still rises due being previously enhanced if you want to add more than 1 hex to the same ability!

Ao an attack with 2 hexes upgrading to 3 hexes is 100 gold
and upgrading again to 4 hexes is 66 gold + the 75 gold for already being enhanced = 141 gold total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might find the wonderful tools available on The Arcane Library to be useful. http://thearcane.li/utilities/enhancementCalculator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't thank me, thank the creator of the site! I'm just a super-happy user myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Desroches
Canada
flag msg tools
Morthai wrote:
the damage ability is seperate from the move. move is never doubled as it only affects yourself.

Pretty sure a card that was like, Move 5, Jump, deal 2 damage for every target you move through would be doubled if you gave the move +1. If it allows you to gain targets/additional effects on top of the movement it should be doubled.

In the OPs card question as you say there is no impact on the amount of targets that can be hit nor on the effect on those targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, a jump on this card it does make it considerably easier to hit more targets.

I also don't see how "move(targeting self), target all adjacent enemies" is that different than "attack at range (targeting 1 enemy), also attack all enemies in the path" and the latter has been specifically ruled to require a doubling of cost, although the mainline ability only targets one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.