Nevver More
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I’ve got this idea that I will use the armour sets to create, not exact representations of my survivors at any point, but instead as “narrative sculptures” representative of a particular power level or style of play. This means that I’ll have a huge amount of freedom in creating models, can use them in any campaign, and can build and paint them whenever I want instead of having to make them on the fly during a campaign. I can also convert the poses from the very static stock ones which look more like dolls.

Now having said that, I’d like some advice. Which armour sets go well together, power-wise? Could I do a mash-up of any of, say, Leather, Fur, Rawhide, Lion and Screaming and it would be roughly analogous to a potential early-mid game survivor? How do you think I should handle the weapons? Just use any weapons from the armour kits I’m using? Which combos of types if armour and weapons would represent play styles? For example, light armour and knives, heavy armour and sword and shield, etc. No specific spoilers please! Thankful for some advice on this project

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nevvermore wrote:
So I’ve got this idea that I will use the armour sets to create, not exact representations of my survivors at any point, but instead as “narrative sculptures” representative of a particular power level or style of play. This means that I’ll have a huge amount of freedom in creating models, can use them in any campaign, and can build and paint them whenever I want instead of having to make them on the fly during a campaign. I can also convert the poses from the very static stock ones which look more like dolls.

Now having said that, I’d like some advice. Which armour sets go well together, power-wise? Could I do a mash-up of any of, say, Leather, Fur, Rawhide, Lion and Screaming and it would be roughly analogous to a potential early-mid game survivor? How do you think I should handle the weapons? Just use any weapons from the armour kits I’m using? Which combos of types if armour and weapons would represent play styles? For example, light armour and knives, heavy armour and sword and shield, etc. No specific spoilers please! Thankful for some advice on this project

Best thing to do is play the game without the armour kits, then when you feel some combination is working well for you, make a miniature of that gear combination. This way you avoid spoilers and still get to make the narrative sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really hard to answer without providing spoilers.

However I think it's not too much of a spoiler to say that outside of a few very specific builds, you don't mix and match parts of armor sets.

Otherwise you're going to need to play and see what works, because I could tell you the best/typical builds for each armor set in the game, but then you'd have your exploration experience ruined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are a lot of things we can help you with.

Personally, I'd start with a male and female of each armor set, with a weapon that works well for that armor set (including the mixed armor sets from the Lion Knight or Before the Wall) and then just assemble other minis to look as cool as you can.

So, here's a quick reference for what weapons go well with what:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Unarmored- bow- or darts with skull helm
Vagabond Armor- Sword
White Lion Armor- Katars or Dagger
Screaming Armor- spear
Rawhide- a shield, possibly a bow
Leather -anything is good
Lantern- a club
Phoenix- any melee weapon
Tyrant- axe
Brawler- just fists
Dancer- no shield- bow is good, but most weapons are good with dancer armor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OTOH, if you're getting the Gambler's Chest, a several combinations have already been sculpted, so you won't want to duplicate them with Armor Kits, or you'll end up with something like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Most people I've played with don't really care about the armor the minis they're playing with. They want minis that match the gender and the weapon type of the survivors they're playing.

So if you build one male and one female survivor with each major weapon variation (a bow, a spear, a two-handed sword, a two-handed axe, katars, daggers, etc.), you'll be pretty well set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.