Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion release schedule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Rebisz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Is there a release schedule for the expansions? The other doctors that were included in the base game originally should be quick, yes?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very hard to say. The only sure thing is when you start to see previews on the GF9 website then a release is coming soon. Anything else would be guesswork until they tell us.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by their track record it could take up to a year for anything they announce to actually be available for purchase.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed GF9 about expansions. Their answer was:
"Hello Tim,
We do not have an exact release date, but expansions will be arriving in 2018!
Thank you,
Customer Service "

Note the plural. Let's hope for sooner rather than later!
TK
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
At least with a 1-4 player count it won't sit dead on the shelf until expansions arrive, like poor Star Trek did (for a year!) with its "three players, no more, no less" requirement.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to affect, but actually, from a non-linier, non subjective point of view it is more like a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff

--Gale Force 9 when talking about schedules.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to be a big fan of theirs until I saw their expansion release schedule and noted their lack of communication with the community. I am still waiting on the Sons of Anarchy expansions. I was waiting for the WWE ones until they told me that they let the license lapse. I just don't want to get this game with the promise of future content and then be disappointed once again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I realise that there's the usual cynicism with any dates that GF9 put forward, given the delays they've experienced this year, but in a video posted to youtube yesterday they announced that there will be a total of four expansions for Doctor who released in 2018 each containing two doctors and new planets, dilemmas, companions and timey wimey cards.

There was also mention of a "Christmas Special" expansion too.

Not to mention the throwaway comment about a totally new Doctor Who board game being released sometime in the summer.

Obviously I'll believe it when I see it but if they do manage to stick to this schedule it's exciting times indeed.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
I am still waiting on the Sons of Anarchy expansions

What expansions are you waiting on? They already released the Grim Bastards and Calaveras gang expansions and that's it. There are no more planned, and the game is now officially out of print.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gazbowski wrote:
maverick444 wrote:
I am still waiting on the Sons of Anarchy expansions

What expansions are you waiting on? They already released the Grim Bastards and Calaveras gang expansions and that's it. There are no more planned, and the game is now officially out of print.


I believe the reference is to this cancelled expansion: Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem – Luck of the Irish Expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a bit strange to be waiting on an expansion that's been cancelled for a game that is no longer in print.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayster Fett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Gazbowski wrote:
... in a video posted to youtube yesterday they announced that there will be a total of four expansions for Doctor who released in 2018 each containing two doctors and new planets, dilemmas, companions and timey wimey cards.

There was also mention of a "Christmas Special" expansion too.


Can you post a link to that video?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jayster5 wrote:
Gazbowski wrote:
... in a video posted to youtube yesterday they announced that there will be a total of four expansions for Doctor who released in 2018 each containing two doctors and new planets, dilemmas, companions and timey wimey cards.

There was also mention of a "Christmas Special" expansion too.


Can you post a link to that video?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1905868/new-factions-2018
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With four doctor packs coming, it's likely that each doctor pack will come out three months after the previous one.

They could do every other month, but I'm confident the first expansion will come out in March.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added this to the most anticipated games of 2018 for the expansions. Why not give it a thumbs up

Item for Geeklist "20 Most Anticipated Games of 2018 --- Nominations are CLOSED --- 500 Geek Gold to Win"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
With four doctor packs coming, it's likely that each doctor pack will come out three months after the previous one.


Is there information somewhere about specifically four Doctor packs? Is it two Doctors per pack? I guess this would make sense if they leave out War and 13 (for now)...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crwills wrote:
Quote:
With four doctor packs coming, it's likely that each doctor pack will come out three months after the previous one.


Is there information somewhere about specifically four Doctor packs? Is it two Doctors per pack? I guess this would make sense if they leave out War and 13 (for now)...


I think the video GF9 put out around Christmas talked about four doctor packs, or at least it insinuated that there would be four packs of two doctors.

A Christmas set was also mentioned, which I think where the War Doctor (and possibly 13) will make their debut.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Lee
msg tools
MrDave2176 wrote:
Quote:
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to affect, but actually, from a non-linier, non subjective point of view it is more like a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff

--Gale Force 9 when talking about schedules.



4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale medhurst
United Kingdom
horsham, West Sussex
west Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
crwills wrote:
Quote:
With four doctor packs coming, it's likely that each doctor pack will come out three months after the previous one.


Is there information somewhere about specifically four Doctor packs? Is it two Doctors per pack? I guess this would make sense if they leave out War and 13 (for now)...


I think the video GF9 put out around Christmas talked about four doctor packs, or at least it insinuated that there would be four packs of two doctors.

A Christmas set was also mentioned, which I think where the War Doctor (and possibly 13) will make their debut.


Makes sense as Jodie Whittaker will be in the series by then😊
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Canuck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
With four doctor packs coming, it's likely that each doctor pack will come out three months after the previous one.

They could do every other month, but I'm confident the first expansion will come out in March.


I'm more confident the first expansion will come when the BBC debuts the new series — since Time Of The Daleks was originally planned to time with the last one, and ended up coming (for some of us at least) within the Christmas window. The score CDs work the exact same way, even if there's a long delay between series.

Or, in other words: expansion #1 right before the new series, expansion #2 right after the new series ends 10 weeks later [isn't this supposed to be a smaller run?], expansion #3 when the series comes to DVD/Blu a few months later, and expansion #4 for Christmas… with possibly one more after.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Krystal
United Kingdom
Kidderminster
Worcester
flag msg tools
The new series,will air around august 2018.
I doubt,they will wait till then to release the first expansion pack.
I would agree with around march time for the first one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look likely now, does it?

When I got Tyrants of the Underdark, I pre-ordered the expansion. It took over year until I got my hands on it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Perz
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CoolStuffInc.com has four expansions listed with an estimated release of May 2018.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dahlstrom
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
(This is a picture of a frozen waterfall, from behind the waterfall)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cperz1976 wrote:
CoolStuffInc.com has four expansions listed with an estimated release of May 2018.


Yeah, but... they tend to post everything that their distributor says is available. Now, I like that - I want the chance to get in line for games, and have patience - but it can slip, and sometimes, CSI has to admit they can't get the game. Just don't get your hopes up.

It could be May, it could be later.

(Edit: fix typo)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream I dream alone is reality.
badge
When I cease to dream, you cease to exist.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One week left in May, no word from GF9...definitely not happening soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.