Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
badge
Celtic Connection Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, my building question is regarding how to pay for the arena if it is in your own charter. It allows you to spend a minion for gold and VPs. If I activate that building with a minion, do I spend that same minion (similar to how the grandstand works) or would I require a 2nd minion to actually spend?

Secondly, rule 21 anc personal objectives. To complete personal objectives do players still have to go to the grandstand and place an influence token on it like with the ooen objectives, or do you discard the influence token to the general supply?

Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spend any minion in your control when using the Arena (so, a minion that you haven't placed yet or any of your minions placed in your charter).

When you score a personal objective, put the influence token on the personal objective card to show that you've scored it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) As the minion rules says that minions are always considered to be in your supply, I would say that yes, you can place a minion in the arena and then spend that same minion to gain gold and VPs. Although I would probably don't do it, because if I keep the minion there, if another player uses the Arena I gain that minion's benefit again. However, if I see no one is willing to spend any minions... well... the important thing is that yes, I really think you could do the action as you suggested.

2) I don't think that mechanically it makes that much difference, but yes, I would place the influence token on the card, just so we all know that I've already done that objective and it is not available anymore. I believe it could be accepted also to discard the personal objective along with the influence token, but for me it just sounds better to keep the objective in your personal area with your influence token in it.

EDIT: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
badge
Celtic Connection Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up both. I was concerned I hadn't used the arena properly in game 8 when I cheesed my way to a 60 point lead (ended up on 115 points), but the available buildings and the combo of support characters gave me huge returns on using it and I was able to keep a cycle going by spending the coins made to use a building in another charter that gave me a minion for 1 coin. Each cycle was worth 12 points and I was able to keep going round after round.

I do love when games give you beautiful combos, it's so satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.