Dectana» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Discard three Aces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Piovesan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Dectana, 2p and 4p games. I understood how to end the game (discard three Aces), but I'd like to know why you chose to use this action. It seemed to us that this can bring to a neverending game, if the other players keep Aces in their hands or if someone that is below harvests Aces and discards them as soon as he can. Did you evaluate other ending conditions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Fabio! Thanks for playing Dectana.

Aces are the weakest cards in the game. They have the lowest value and only one suit. Anyone hoarding these weak cards, who is not in a position to win, is hurting their ability to win.

You are correct, that players could hoard aces to prevent the strongest player from obtaining them.

Remember that Dectana requires two decktets. There are 12 aces total, ten of which would need to be kept away from the leading player. It would take at least three determined and well coordinated opponents to make that happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.