Subject: Is the trilogy story-based? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Last Hope is described as part 3 of the trilogy, but it's unclear how they're related. Is it an ongoing plot/story that unfolds throughout the 3 games, or are they only tangentially-related?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes, there's a continuous story that runs through the games.

It's not so complex you won't be able to play the third part without playing the other two first, but you will probably be left a little confused at the story role of a few characters if you play them out of order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks.

Are part 2 and part 3 good in terms of replayability, or is Star Shield (which I assume is a side story/quest) still recommended for that specifically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Star Shield is not a "side story" but part of the main quest.

It is still the most replayable legend, because it's basically six legends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah ok, so I'll pick that one up after getting the main game, and only pick the 2 big expansions afterwards. Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Llyranor wrote:
Are part 2 and part 3 good in terms of replayability?

My opinion: 2 - good, 3 - it depends.

In part 2 you have Legend 9 with 9 missions (3 of them used per game), 3 bosses (you draw one of them randomly), random distribution of enemies and artifacts.

+random events, random fog tokens, random dice rolls.

In part 3 you have 7 legends, almost all of them have some randomization, but there is no "main" legend, like 3 or 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.