Subject: Are there booster packs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The wiz kids site says:
"The DC Comics Dice Masters: Superman and Wonder Woman Starter Set is the first DC Comics Dice Masters Starter Set that will be an annual Starter Set, not linked to a larger release."

Does that mean there will be no booster packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. This is a stand-alone Starter Set with no corresponding booster packs. If you want "max dice", you will need to purchase two Starters (akin to an LCG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Refined at the intersection of the 80's and 90's
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Or purchase some singles to fill out your dice...I personally prefer two starters because I like having a second copy of the Basic Actions as well. There are some great reprints in this starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Mac
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I picked this up today as it was going cheap in my FLGS. I've never played any Dice Masters before but heard good things. When I was purchasing I asked the guy at the counter if I could mix this set with the boosters (which also seem inexpensive), including boosters from other franchises, and he said I could although obviously boosters from the same theme will play better.

Is this not the case meaning I'm restricted to just playing with the cards and dice for this set or can I, for example, purchase some of the Justice League booster packs I saw and use them along with the contents of this pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can mix & match from this set, justice league, war of light, any marvel sets/boosters/etc. Even with D&D, YuGhiOh if you like... or the Ninja Turtles and upcoming WarHammer set. the system is wide open, and the only limit is your tastes. Want to know what it's like to have wolverine and Leonardo fighting alongside superman and _insert yu-ghi-oh character here_? do it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Mac
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure no worries! Happy rolling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned, there are some affiliation-based things that work best within the same set or IP (for example, there are cards that either benefit or hurt Justice League-affiliated characters, and those won't really do anything against a team of Avengers). There are also a few slight terminology differences between the comic sets and the D&D sets ("Sidekick" = "NPC"). But they are designed to be fully compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.