Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mind over Matter + Backstab rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marco

Remscheid
msg tools
Hey there. This question came up during my today play. Forgive me if the question is long answered or totally clear I am fairly new to the game

If i play "Mind over Matter" (Use intelligence instead of fight skill or agility value for this round) and then use "Backstab" for a fight (this attack uses agility instead of fight skill), will "Mind over Matter" still work an now use my intelligence for the backstab ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marcotboard wrote:
Hey there. This question came up during my today play. Forgive me if the question is long answered or totally clear I am fairly new to the game

If i play "Mind over Matter" (Use intelligence instead of fight skill or agility value for this round) and then use "Backstab" for a fight (this attack uses agility instead of fight skill), will "Mind over Matter" still work an now use my intelligence for the backstab ?


Backstab is an Agility test, and Mind Over Matter lets you use Intellect as a substitute for Agility, so yes, you can combine the two.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like some heavy strategy though
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco

Remscheid
msg tools
I was in a situation with Rex, and his intelligence was boosted through an allie, so this was the best option to deal the extra 2 damage from backstab.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marcotboard wrote:
I was in a situation with Rex, and his intelligence was boosted through an allie, so this was the best option to deal the extra 2 damage from backstab.


Yup. Works. No problem-o.

My question is, why are you using one of his out-of-class cards on backstab? (I'm using this emoji to represent curiosity, not judgement)

But I guess if it works for you, lol.

His agility isn't bad, but you only get 5 out-of-class cards. I think rogue cards are great for this, but I'd probably slot a Burglary, two daring maneuvers, 2 quick thinkings (maybe a Leo if nobody else is using him).

I'd take advantage of Strange Solution, I've got a Plan, Mind over matter, or a friendly monster killer to do the heavy hitting.

Backstab is not the worst option. I just find it an interesting choice. (Could also be related to card availability options)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco

Remscheid
msg tools
soakman wrote:
marcotboard wrote:
I was in a situation with Rex, and his intelligence was boosted through an allie, so this was the best option to deal the extra 2 damage from backstab.


Yup. Works. No problem-o.

My question is, why are you using one of his out-of-class cards on backstab? (I'm using this emoji to represent curiosity, not judgement)

But I guess if it works for you, lol.

His agility isn't bad, but you only get 5 out-of-class cards. I think rogue cards are great for this, but I'd probably slot a Burglary, two daring maneuvers, 2 quick thinkings (maybe a Leo if nobody else is using him).

I'd take advantage of Strange Solution, I've got a Plan, Mind over matter, or a friendly monster killer to do the heavy hitting.

Backstab is not the worst option. I just find it an interesting choice. (Could also be related to card availability options)


No Problem

I am fairly new to this game and especially to a deckbuilding LCG. So i am testing what works...and I am grateful for every good advice So thank you

edit: already switched the deck yesterday evening So burglary it is
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marcotboard wrote:
soakman wrote:
marcotboard wrote:
I was in a situation with Rex, and his intelligence was boosted through an allie, so this was the best option to deal the extra 2 damage from backstab.


Yup. Works. No problem-o.

My question is, why are you using one of his out-of-class cards on backstab? (I'm using this emoji to represent curiosity, not judgement)

But I guess if it works for you, lol.

His agility isn't bad, but you only get 5 out-of-class cards. I think rogue cards are great for this, but I'd probably slot a Burglary, two daring maneuvers, 2 quick thinkings (maybe a Leo if nobody else is using him).

I'd take advantage of Strange Solution, I've got a Plan, Mind over matter, or a friendly monster killer to do the heavy hitting.

Backstab is not the worst option. I just find it an interesting choice. (Could also be related to card availability options)


No Problem

I am fairly new to this game and especially to a deckbuilding LCG. So i am testing what works...and I am grateful for every good advice So thank you

edit: already switched the deck yesterday evening So burglary it is


There's no right answer; and backstab is perfectly fine; especially if you're trying to go at it solo with Rex (he'd need more monster slaying options).

No worries! I just know I had a killer Rex deck where I could scoop up a TON of clues in a single turn if I had the right cards. Anything that lets him use as many actions as you can for investigation. Shortcut and pathfinder are some great seeker cards to consider (sorry to derail, but just some friendly suggestions).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.