Subject: Size of box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody have dimensions for this box? I'd love to get this set to store my base sets and expansions but I want to make sure it will still fit on my shelf as the box does seem a bit large.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one gets to it, or finds the measurements online by this evening, I'll measure it and post the info here tonight.
It is pretty large, roughly Smash Up Big Geeky Box size, and maybe a bit taller.

edit: This is not by any means scientific, but here's a pic of part of my shelves with DCDBGMB in the lower left corner. This may give you an idea of comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...still hard to tell from the picture. I guess my biggest concern is how long the game box is. My Ikea shelving unit has squares that are 15.5 inches deep.

As you can see my shelf is getting full...again. whistle I promised my wife that I would limit my collection to one shelving unit. That might have been a mistake. lol I've had to prune my collection a few times already just to make room for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain! I had my games on those plastic garage shelves and in various piles, and when we finished a downstairs room, I had those shelves built. When they were first built it was "awesome, look at all those shelves!" After moving - they're almost full. (I do have one shelf that has expansion boxes propped up for decor, I might need to utilize that for actual storage). I think the shelf in the pic actually sticks out, it was made a couple inches deeper than it would otherwise have been, so I don't recall exactly how deep they are.
I'll measure tonight.

I believe that no matter how much room one has, 'stuff' will expand to fill 110% of that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
Size: 13.80 x 9.00 x 3.80 inches or 35.1 x 22.9 x 9.7 cm

Fits in my Ikea shelves just fine. (Billy series of shelves)

Most of this is available for games under the version tab.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/220925/dc-deck-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
Size: 13.80 x 9.00 x 3.80 inches or 35.1 x 22.9 x 9.7 cm

Fits in my Ikea shelves just fine. (Billy series of shelves)

Most of this is available for games under the version tab.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/220925/dc-deck-...

I wouldn't have thought to check there. Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have to go order another dose of my cardboard crack.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned something too! I did hit the game page but didn't know dimensions were on "Versions" page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.