Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been covered, i could not find anything.

The rules for the setup of the food tiles state that the highest value is placed at the bottom of the pile. The picture shows the 4-valued tile at the top. The german rules make matters even worse by stating that the pile is setup in descending order, with the highest value at the bottom (which makes no sense).

How are they supposed to be set up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
The german rules make matters even worse by stating that the pile is setup in descending order, with the highest value at the bottom (which makes no sense).

If you had some tiles numbered 1-10 and you stacked them one at a time it would make sense.
Set down number 10, then set 9 on that, then set 8 on top, then 7... so on & so on. This would be setting them up in descending order with the highest value on the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
Benji68 wrote:
The german rules make matters even worse by stating that the pile is setup in descending order, with the highest value at the bottom (which makes no sense).

If you had some tiles numbered 1-10 and you stacked them one at a time it would make sense.
Set down number 10, then set 9 on that, then set 8 on top, then 7... so on & so on. This would be setting them up in descending order with the highest value on the bottom.

even if i bought this, the diagram would still show the (highest) 4-value tile on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Suszek
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Common sense suggest that tile which gives most food should be placed at the bottom. This way your decision about taking a top tile is harder (cause you reveal better tile to your opponents).
Other way around would cause possibility of causing 1st player getting best tile in first round.
That being said the text and the illustrations in the rulebook suggest opposing things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gr3yDeath wrote:

That being said the text and the illustrations in the rulebook suggest opposing things.

That is why i am asking. Also, Heavy Cardboard played with 4 on top too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never noticed the illustration. I just play exactly as the text instruction says as it's quite explicit. Highest value at the bottom 4/4/3/3/2/2

The German rules make sense to me as it's descending order as you place the tiles out ie the numbers decrease as you add each pair of tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Seuntjens
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good remark and one we should have published ourselves by now. The graphic image is wrong in all rulebooks. This is something we overlooked. The food tile with only 2 food should always be on top.

The fact that the image was wrong, also caused the mistake in the German translation. Our German translator was the only one to notice the image and concluded that that was probably the right setup.

In a next print, we will correct this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.