Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Pyne
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This has what has won all our games (2p) and it feels a but overpowered. I for example stated with a freedom loyalty objective. Pushed freedom up 1, and then found 2 more freedom card from quests. Now at this point if I push freedom up one more vs shield I go from 6 to 9 points. It just feels like triple dipping like this is a huge random reward (vs pulling a obj that you maybeee can eventually score for a 2nd or 3rd point if your lucky) if overpowered and ruins the end game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not wrong. There have been a few threads about this already and some attempts to fix it in the variants forum, although none I think are fantastic solutions. Sadly, the agenda mechanism is horribly broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
Sadly, the agenda mechanism is horribly broken a little wonky.

Fixed your cliched hyperbole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudiger Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The aim of the game is to get the right faction agenda cards. the other agenda cards are there to bump you over the line. hence why the majority of the agenda cards are the faction ones.
Other than people getting lucky occasionally, its not broken at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Silva
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is way too much randomness in the game. Player effort/smarts/strategy is a minimal part of the overall 'winning' process - so as it is now, Fallout should be played for the narrative aspect (a social way to play a Fighting Fantasy-type board game in a great setting) and NOT for the competitive part... So the collection of Influence should at the moment only be used to set an end point.

At least that is what I'm going to do until an FAQ has a new rule for the double agenda-problem and generally makes the competitive part better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
Smoo wrote:
cafin8d wrote:
Sadly, the agenda mechanism is horribly broken a little wonky. Truly The Most Epic Fail In Gaming History

Fixed your gross misrepresentation of probably the most trying issue facing us gamers today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Smoo wrote:
cafin8d wrote:
Sadly, the agenda mechanism is horribly broken a little wonky. Truly The Most Epic Fail In Gaming History

Fixed your gross misrepresentation of probably the most trying issue facing us gamers today

Well that escalated quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.