10 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death» Forums » General

Subject: Storage for Brimstone miniatures and tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten BN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says .... how the heck do you store the miniatures?

I normally store miniatures in a bag from Feldherr, but the sizes of these miniatures, seem to make that a challenge.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've built a number of boxes the same size as the core boxes to handle most of the minis. The XXL's are just sitting on a shelf by themselves. I refuse to travel with that stuff though, so I don't really need the storage to be all that portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these for the minis:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-15-Compartment-Interlocking-...

My Minecart pledge fits in six of them (3 x 2 pack) with the exception of the extra large models which look good on a display shelf.

The best is that they all lock together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use similar storage to those suggested, but I magnetize all the larger models so they fit in the smaller storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Ahnatal
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Lockweiler Ordinus boxes for all the tokens, dice and other small pieces.
I use IKEA Kuggis Boxes for each other world and the rules and a bigger one for all the cards.

And i painted the two core boxes with magnetic paint and glued one or more neodym magnets under the bases of the miniatures.

The Frontier Town box has all the HexCrawl stuff and all the Hero/Town/Enemy sized cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten BN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete & SO
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My system is like this:
Core box #1 (no insert): all the map tiles (five worlds so far, they just fit)
Core box #2 (insert): all the small miniatures. The monsters in the middle, the heroes in the card slots. As in other cases, the box only gets moved to the table and back to the shelf, very carefully to a car in exceptional circumstances. Once assembled and dried, though, the minis are surprisingly hard-wearing.
Expansion box #1: The big miniatures, the ones that fit inside, that is.
Expansion box #2: All the cards, four rows of them (sleeved). Some of the bigger cardboard bits at the front. EDIT: I took apart the original cardboard inserts from the other world boxes and cut out the middle flat bit. Then you can turn over the cardboard fold-ups making the higher levels on the sides of the box and use three of them as card-holders. No more slipping of cards into the wrong row.
Two plastic storage trays from the DIY store with 3x5 compartments each and lids for cardboard chits.
One smaller one for the important bits like bigger dice, exploration tokens and experience tokens.
And finally, I use plastic document protectors or ziplock bags for comic books to store the characters I play - character sheet, cards, XP, money, side bag tokens, the whole lot. Those go into a shoe box with the smallest plastic tray, and then.. then there are the four biggest monsters just standing on a shelf because that's where they are sort of handy and look cool except for the dust.
The thing that really helps me is that I can put the exp. box with the cards on the table, only laying out decks of cards I really need a lot and picking the rest of the cards straight from the box. Takes a bit of getting used to, but a big part of the game's footprint was all the card stacks. The base game box with the map tiles I get out and put the top next to it, placing two worlds' worth of tiles inside. VoilĂ , two trays of map tiles ready to play. They get somewhere near the gaming table, on a chair or something. Same with the monster boxes. Setting up the characters with my baggies takes about a minute each, a bit more than five if I do it alone.
When I play with friends, everyone gets one thing to look for / set up / put away / look after, and then everything runs quite smoothly.

Edited 19/05/18 for card storage upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cenobite
Poland
flag msg tools
I've made those from feldherr foam for each box.
For cards I'm using Ultra pro deck boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want to spend too much money, your local arts and craft store should have storage boxes that will fit your human-sized monsters. For larger ones, you may need to look into foam and foam core solutions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I paint miniatures, I just put them in a showcase. Then I can watch them while walking by and take them out easily whenever needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.