Subject: Versions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming there are at least two versions of this game (retail and kickstarter) as people are talking about missions and mercenaries and my game doesn't have either of these.

Can someone please submit version data as a correction so I can mark off which version I have?

And can someone please list the differences between the kickstarter version and the version I have, which may be missing more than missions and mercenaries as far as I know.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wood
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mission cards & mercenary captains were Kickstarter exclusive stretch goals.

Plastic action/damage tokens and plastic ship-rayguns were Kickstarter add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wood
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Usually for titles such as this you can pull up the original Kickstarter campaign page and see what was done. Here's the R&R page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idwgames/rayguns-and-ro...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
christopherwood wrote:
Usually for titles such as this you can pull up the original Kickstarter campaign page and see what was done. Here's the R&R page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idwgames/rayguns-and-ro...

Thank you. I would still hope someone would enter than information on the front page for this game and add a Version entry so people can denote which versions they own. This is the Geek: the best boardgame database on the net!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted separate entries for the individual captains, anyone can make a submission for admin approval including you:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/item/create/boardgameaccessory

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
If you wanted separate entries for the individual captains, anyone can make a submission for admin approval including you:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/item/create/boardgameaccessory

No, I can't. I have no idea if they're available individually, what they are, how many there are, what they look like, what they do, etc. That's why I'm asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wood
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
They are all on the Kickstarter page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can make entries, otherwise Kickstarter exclusives wouldn't exist as BGG entries, as evidenced by the *numerous* entries for CMON's Zombicide Kickstarter-only promo heroes. Here's some examples, one from Shadows of Brimstone by Flying Frog and one from Zombicide:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/164292/shad...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/136521/zomb...

Anybody who's interested in creating an entry would just have to:

1.) Go to the Rayguns and RocketShip kickstarter page and lookup the kickstarter-only captains.

2.) Create an entry for each captain. The description would indicate it was a kickstarter-only character.

Just because multiple characters came as Kickstarter exclusives doesn't mean they can't have individual entries, otherwise there would *never* be any Kickstarter entries for CMON games because they give away multiple bonus figures for each kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the mission cards ever ship to backers yet?

edit: Sorry, I mean the additional campaigns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, BGG admin Andrew has kindly renamed the existing version as the Kickstarter version and added a Retail version. My thanks to him. Folks can now check off which version they own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.