Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd printing...retail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Talked to a guy at a local shop and he said their KS games came in a couple weeks ago but knows nothing about when the retail games come in. His guess was end of Jan.

Is this the best we have? End of Jan? Has there been any mention of a timeline?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Allen
United States
Mount Jackson
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Like with the first edition it seems like the pre-order and retail folks are getting dumped all over again. We have gotten pretty vague details up until about a week ago.

http://www.cephalofair.com/2017/12/whats-happening-gloomhave...

I doubt I'll pre-order again from Cephalofair as much as it pains me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
That's too bad.

I'm super late to the Gloomhaven bandwagon, so my expectations are pretty much nil.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How is that being dumped on? Retail was always going to be getting it after the KS backers, and the KS backers are getting it delayed. Ergo, retail is also delayed.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This was a massive print run and it took Funagain a long time to send the KS backers their copies...and right after that, the copies for distributors/retailers were shipped to us (as we handle the wholesale side for Cephalofair). These wholesale copies are on their way to distributors worldwide, but we have to wait until they all receive theirs to then set a fair date across the board to make sure every retailer is treated fairly and one does not get their before another. Unfortunately, that means no Gloomhaven for Christmas, but it's looking like mid-January to be in stores.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions

acctingman wrote:
Talked to a guy at a local shop and he said their KS games came in a couple weeks ago but knows nothing about when the retail games come in. His guess was end of Jan.

Is this the best we have? End of Jan? Has there been any mention of a timeline?

Thanks
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wingnut wrote:
This was a massive print run and it took Funagain a long time to send the KS backers their copies...and right after that, the copies for distributors/retailers were shipped to us (as we handle the wholesale side for Cephalofair). These wholesale copies are on their way to distributors worldwide, but we have to wait until they all receive theirs to then set a fair date across the board to make sure every retailer is treated fairly and one does not get their before another. Unfortunately, that means no Gloomhaven for Christmas, but it's looking like mid-January to be in stores.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions

acctingman wrote:
Talked to a guy at a local shop and he said their KS games came in a couple weeks ago but knows nothing about when the retail games come in. His guess was end of Jan.

Is this the best we have? End of Jan? Has there been any mention of a timeline?

Thanks


And I am one of the backers of the Kickstarter (in the USA) that still hasn't gotten his copy even though it shipped over a month ago. Hell, at this point, I'm expecting it to go to retail and I'll buy that copy.

Apparently, UPS has lost mine and I'm getting zero responses as to what's going on with it and when/if I'll receive a copy now. So, yeah I'll hold out and look forward to just buying copy at retail (if I still have a desire to play the game by then) and just resell my pledge if I do get it some day.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vanruyn wrote:

And I am one of the backers of the Kickstarter (in the USA) that still hasn't gotten his copy even though it shipped over a month ago. Hell, at this point, I'm expecting it to go to retail and I'll buy that copy.

Apparently, UPS has lost mine and I'm getting zero responses as to what's going on with it and when/if I'll receive a copy now. So, yeah I'll hold out and look forward to just buying copy at retail (if I still have a desire to play the game by then) and just resell my pledge if I do get it some day.

USA shipping started only 2 weeks ago, so how your copy can be shipped a month ago? Patience is sometimes really helpful. If you really suspect that your package got missing, how about contacting support@cephalophair.com about it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
vanruyn wrote:

And I am one of the backers of the Kickstarter (in the USA) that still hasn't gotten his copy even though it shipped over a month ago. Hell, at this point, I'm expecting it to go to retail and I'll buy that copy.

Apparently, UPS has lost mine and I'm getting zero responses as to what's going on with it and when/if I'll receive a copy now. So, yeah I'll hold out and look forward to just buying copy at retail (if I still have a desire to play the game by then) and just resell my pledge if I do get it some day.

USA shipping started only 2 weeks ago, so how your copy can be shipped a month ago? Patience is sometimes really helpful. If you really suspect that your package got missing, how about contacting support@cephalophair.com about it?


I played my first game of my copy on Nov 17. It shipped approximately 5 days prior to that. So shipping definitely started over a month ago.

PS I agree most people don’t need to worry about anything yet (except maybe this poor bastard whose game got lost by USPS)

EDIT: Punctuation
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
acctingman wrote:
Talked to a guy at a local shop and he said their KS games came in a couple weeks ago but knows nothing about when the retail games come in. His guess was end of Jan.

Is this the best we have? End of Jan? Has there been any mention of a timeline?

Thanks


Mr Ross, you may be interested in this?

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27729979#27729979
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morthai wrote:
vanruyn wrote:

And I am one of the backers of the Kickstarter (in the USA) that still hasn't gotten his copy even though it shipped over a month ago. Hell, at this point, I'm expecting it to go to retail and I'll buy that copy.

Apparently, UPS has lost mine and I'm getting zero responses as to what's going on with it and when/if I'll receive a copy now. So, yeah I'll hold out and look forward to just buying copy at retail (if I still have a desire to play the game by then) and just resell my pledge if I do get it some day.

USA shipping started only 2 weeks ago, so how your copy can be shipped a month ago? Patience is sometimes really helpful. If you really suspect that your package got missing, how about contacting support@cephalophair.com about it?


The tracking for mine showed it shipped on Nov 15th. Claim issued lost the following week. So backers in the US were being shipped out back in November. I have emailed Funagain games and Cephalophair. I did what someone mentioned which was to contact Funagain on Facebook and they responded (within the hour) and have another copy shipping out to me now. Here's hoping I actually get this copy now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Duehlmeyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Wingnut wrote:
This was a massive print run and it took Funagain a long time to send the KS backers their copies...and right after that, the copies for distributors/retailers were shipped to us (as we handle the wholesale side for Cephalofair). These wholesale copies are on their way to distributors worldwide, but we have to wait until they all receive theirs to then set a fair date across the board to make sure every retailer is treated fairly and one does not get their before another. Unfortunately, that means no Gloomhaven for Christmas, but it's looking like mid-January to be in stores.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions

acctingman wrote:
Talked to a guy at a local shop and he said their KS games came in a couple weeks ago but knows nothing about when the retail games come in. His guess was end of Jan.

Is this the best we have? End of Jan? Has there been any mention of a timeline?

Thanks


Is anything being done in appreciation for people that pre-ordered months ago to support the game? As far as I can tell, online retailers that took pre-orders have been told they can't release their product until the release date. This means if they have hundreds of pre-orders, there will be another fulfillment process, further delaying any pre-orders from being received. Based on the information released, people who pre-ordered may actually receive their game later because they supported the game in advance. Or am I missing something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Allen
United States
Mount Jackson
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jacob9587 wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
This was a massive print run and it took Funagain a long time to send the KS backers their copies...and right after that, the copies for distributors/retailers were shipped to us (as we handle the wholesale side for Cephalofair). These wholesale copies are on their way to distributors worldwide, but we have to wait until they all receive theirs to then set a fair date across the board to make sure every retailer is treated fairly and one does not get their before another. Unfortunately, that means no Gloomhaven for Christmas, but it's looking like mid-January to be in stores.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions

acctingman wrote:
Talked to a guy at a local shop and he said their KS games came in a couple weeks ago but knows nothing about when the retail games come in. His guess was end of Jan.

Is this the best we have? End of Jan? Has there been any mention of a timeline?

Thanks


Is anything being done in appreciation for people that pre-ordered months ago to support the game? As far as I can tell, online retailers that took pre-orders have been told they can't release their product until the release date. This means if they have hundreds of pre-orders, there will be another fulfillment process, further delaying any pre-orders from being received. Based on the information released, people who pre-ordered may actually receive their game later because they supported the game in advance. Or am I missing something?


-----^
This... Pre-orders are and should be treated differently than when it actually hits the shelves in the store. Distribution has been quite the ****show. I pre-ordered mine a long time ago at this point and was originally promised August. So for the folks saying to be patient I just want to remind you that January puts that about half a year after the original promise date for the pre-order folks.

I am not unsympathetic to the actual backers but they get pretty regular updates from the designer. Us pre-order folks have gotten like 1, maybe 2, updates this whole time.

Like I said, won't pre-order again from this manufacturer even though I really like the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.