6 Posts

Not Alone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Despair/Artemia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
Despair is a phase 1 hunter card that says "No Survival cards may be played or drawn for the remainder of the turn."

1) Is the Artemia token placed when the hunter card is placed in phase 1?
2) If not, Is the Artemia token placed in phase 2?
3) Does the Despair card prevent Survival cards from being drawn at both The Shelter and The Source?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Garrett
United States
Oxford
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Sax!

We play this game a lot so I will outline how my gaming group plays this card. I'm sure others will chime in if I am wrong. It should be noted for others that the "Despair," Hunt Card has the Artemia symbol on the top (just in case that wasn't clear), which allows the Creature to play their Artemia token if they aren't able to already.

1.) We place the Artemia token during phase 2. We do this because the rules explicitly state that this is when tokens are placed. "Phase 2: Hunting- The creature may place the following tokens on the Place cards that make up Artemia ... [Artermia symbol shown] The Artmeia token if the Artemia Symbol is on a Hunt card played AND/OR on the space under the rescue counter." If you place it before, then you are limiting the place people will go, yes. But thematically I think knowing that the Creature is going to place TWO tokens this round adds to the tension the Hunted feel when choosing where to go.

2.) Yes, that's how I would play it.

3.) [EDIT] Yes, the card prevents Survival cards from being played and drawn.

Happy playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain MASSON
France
PARIS
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wrong...
the card prevent any survival card to be played AND drawn.
So no lair/source survival card this turn !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Garrett
United States
Oxford
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goratrix wrote:
wrong...
the card prevent any survival card to be played AND drawn.
So no lair/source survival card this turn !

My bad, I errantly didn't get the card out of the box. Thanks for catching that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
lol on #3. I researched the wrong card. So humbling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm the final answers of the thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.