Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I have eaten some Netrunner counters and a treasure token from Nemo's War
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't remember how the game DRCongo was entered in the database, so I just put "congo" in the search bar. For some reason it doesn't return DRCongo as a possibility. Is it because there's no space before the C? It returns other games with "Congo" not in the front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Legomancer wrote:
Couldn't remember how the game DRCongo was entered in the database, so I just put "congo" in the search bar. For some reason it doesn't return DRCongo as a possibility. Is it because there's no space before the C? It returns other games with "Congo" not in the front.

Yes, it's because there's no space before - BGG search doesn't put wildcards around the search term (e.g. the same way onopoly doesn't return Monopoly).

You could submit a correction to the game page and ask the admins to add an alternate name of DR Congo, which would then be found on a "congo" search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember how many years ago it changed but a former implementation of search would work by entering character strings that appeaared anywhere within the name. For me it was an amusement to try to select a short string unique enough for it to return my target and very liitle else.

I think it worked even across spaces, like last two letters of one word plus first two of next (if you used the space and placed the whole thing in quotes). Now it only works with the leading characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.