Hide
7 Posts

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of (unrelated) supply questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Schweppe
msg tools
1) Germans have a 3-3 and a 4-6 on a hex in Egypt. Malta has a 9FF and 5 AF, and the 4-6 is the one designated as being in supply for rule 35. Neither of them move during the German turn. The allies win a hex by attrition and select the one the germans are on. Can the 3-3 retreat?

2) Say you have a 9FF fleet designated for supply. can you supply 1 unit in a port and not another? specifically, an airbase, in an attempt to have it return to it's capital? Obviously, you can do that if you have 8 other units to supply.

I think the answer to both these is yes, but I thought I'd see what the rest of the community thinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding point 1, I do not believe that supply status has any consequence on units during the opponent's turn. So yes, I believe the 3-3 can retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding point 2, I believe you are allowed to have a fleet supply multiple ports. So one way to do what you want would be to simply have only 1 factor supply the port in question and have the other 8 considered to be supplying some other port. There may be a more direct way to accomplish this, but I'm not sure there's anything explicitly stating that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Kenny.

Supply status is irrelevant for retreat.

And fleets may supply multiple ports but the player may choose not to supply any portion of his units as he sees fit even if there are supply points available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Schweppe
msg tools
Does that only apply to units supplied by sea? Can you declare a unit out of supply if it's next to a supply source? The only reason you would do that, of course, is to relocate an airbase to a capitol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe you can only declare units to be "deliberately" OOS either if supplied by fleets, as described, or if there's some other limit on supply (e.g. Libya or Eastern Med). Otherwise, if there's a valid overland supply route to an unlimited supply source I do not believe there is any provision to simply declare a unit to be OOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, I agree you can't place units in normal supply out of supply.

Though voluntary destruction is akin to deliberate out of supply in that you destroy units that can't be rebuilt that turn. If that's what you seek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.