United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I've been digging through the forums and FAQ, but I can only find some off-handed answers on redit. Hopefully someone can answer this definitively for me. For the Beast Tyrant, the Command Cards are used to activate the bear to do stuff. When I use a command card to make the bear move or attack, does it act like a usual summon and perform that action roboticly (i.e. determine focus, move there, attack the focused monster...) OR do I, as the player, get to make all the choices? For example, can I command the bear to move away from the monsters or to attack a normal monster instead of it's elite friend next door?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spoiler because this convo is about an unlockable class
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So first, the bear takes a turn on its own directly before the Beast Tyrant, where it moves 3, attacks 2 melee, following all monster AI rules.

Then, on the BT's turn, ANY Command action you take, you get to control the bear's action completely. You can use the Move 5 Command to have it totally move away 5 spaces, to keep it from getting hit for a few turns. The wording on the special Bear Summon card seems simplistic, but it does say "with you controlling the action" or something to that effect.

He's a fun class!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.