Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shin
United States
Paramus
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I'm deciding on whether to buy TEG (with the BTB expansion as often recommended to buy together), but I think I read somewhere that some games of TEG results in runaway leaders.

My question is simple. Is this true?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with lots of game where randomness is a factor; that is possible.
But, in my experience, it doesn't happen often,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have only played 2p, most games decided by 5 pts or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tattersall
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
I play exclusively solo: it is often an issue for me and recently it has been marring my enjoyment slightly (when I'm slaughtered by the Rogue Galaxy before I even get out of the starting blocks on "difficult mode"). Still a great game, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
Playing games
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
As Marco said; It can happen but doesn't happen often.

Actually I'd recommend you try (and get comfortable with) TEG before getting the expansion.

Firstly: TEG is one of my favourite games and I really don't think it needs BtB to shine.

Secondly: BtB is nice and it adds width to the game but it really doesn't add depth. It gives you more options, especially for gaining culture but the game still only goes to 21 points - changing that would mess with the balance of the game.

Thirdly: This is my one criticism of all the Tiny Epic Games: With the expansions they can be rule heavy for players new to the game - esp. for the size and length of the games. TEG alone is nice and fairly simple but both at once may be too much - esp. for AP prone players. (TEW falls into this category without any expansions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.