Subject: Variant Limbo Villain Group? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Frederic Engelmann
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one who is disappointed that the Limbo Group consists of Colossus, Cyclops and Nightcrawler instead of N'astirh, S'ym and Belasco? Darkchild is the only card that fits the theme.
Is there a tool to recreate the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Iato
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorion42 wrote:
Is there a tool to recreate the cards?

Yes:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1366906/legedit-legendary-c...

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
You're not even close to being on your own in that opinion. Many here have a low opinion of the Secret Wars sets, or at least consider them less desirable sets, and the most common complaints were A) Too many obscure Heroes or ones we've already seen and B) The Villains aren't villains, but Heroes of another reality. Once upon a time the Villains set was notable because it let you fight the Heroes!

So by all means make your version of the Limbo bad guys, and for that matter, people here would probably like to see them. There's a thread or file called the Custom Card Database that is just that, and the fellow who manages the database (Ranger Rob) will be happy to have alternate Limbo bad guys. There are already bonus members of the Enemies of Asgard (including Maleketh and Surtur), Brotherhood (like Pyro and Toad) and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quickly glancing thorough the Database I didn't see any Villain Groups. Many Demon based Henchmen to pull from though.

Link to the Database post...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1268493/marvel-master-datab...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
Many here have a low opinion of the Secret Wars sets, or at least consider them less desirable sets

And then there are those of us who would rate them as some of the best. My top three sets, in no particular order:

Secret Wars Vol 1
X-Men
Dark City
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Rob, I just meant that your Database has a category of Villain Groups in much the same way it has categories for Masterminds, Schemes, Henchmen and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
Rob, I just meant that your Database has a category of Villain Groups in much the same way it has categories for Masterminds, Schemes, Henchmen and so on.

I was with yah Erik. Just took a look to see if someone had done up a limbo / inferno villain group. None as of yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Frederic Engelmann
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so here it is:
boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157211
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Davenport
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmb
Limbo 3 has dead space at the bottom of the card. I would suggest a new image so that it doesn't print white and look off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Frederic Engelmann
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
Limbo 3 has dead space at the bottom of the card. I would suggest a new image so that it doesn't print white and look off.

Ok I updated the Belasco image. New version is only right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Frederic Engelmann
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fully on board with customizing your cards to maximize your own experience, but for what it's worth the original Magik miniseries from the early 90s did feature cool villainous Limbo versions of the X-Men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.