Hide
3 Posts

Monsterpocalypse» Forums » General

Subject: Best way to get into game with 4 players. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Hewitt
msg tools
I want to get into the game and I have three other friends. What is the most economical way to purchase for this since the 2 player boxes are impossible to find at a reasonable price.

Would the best way to go is buy 1 monster booster case. Then buy a unit booster case.

From my understanding one monster booster case should get you every monster.

But my concern is how many units will I get out of one unit booster case. Will I have enough to build a complete army for 4 people or will I need to buy an additional unit booster case?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mitchell
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome!

If you're looking to play the game with 4 players at the same time you'll need the following basic supplies:

At least 2 maps (found in either the starter box or in the map packs. If you're gonna buy only one map pack I recommend the Rise pack with the Government Building, since it comes with 6 different maps inside.)

At least 4 sets of dice and health trackers (Easiest to purchase 4 accessory packs, half red and half blue, since those include a full set dice and a tracker each.)

4 monsters, each with hyper form.

40-60 units. I recommend 60.

Between 8 and 48 buildings.

If you buy a case of Monster Boosters, you will get all the Monsters for all the factions from that wave. So if you want Sky Sentinel, buy a Rise case. If you want King Kondo, buy a Now case.

If you buy a case of Units, you'll get 4 units and 1 building per booster. In a case of 12 you'll get 48 units and 12 buildings. And only the figures from that wave.

That's hardly enough buildings, and barely enough units to have fun with 2 games going on at once. If you really want to buy sealed cases, I'd recommend at least 2 unit cases, and only 1 monster case; preferably all from the Rise or Now sets. These base sets have solid starting monsters, and vital support pieces around which the whole faction is balanced.

Welcome to the community! Hope this helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaxcat111 wrote:
I want to get into the game and I have three other friends. What is the most economical way to purchase for this since the 2 player boxes are impossible to find at a reasonable price.

Would the best way to go is buy 1 monster booster case. Then buy a unit booster case.

From my understanding one monster booster case should get you every monster.

But my concern is how many units will I get out of one unit booster case. Will I have enough to build a complete army for 4 people or will I need to buy an additional unit booster case?

Thanks

You also need buildings, maps, health trackers, & dice. Shoot me a PM. I might be able to help you with all those things as well as a Terrasaur, GUARD, and Martian lots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.