Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Anderson
United States
alpine
ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm getting confused on where bandages, herbal meds, and meds go if they are assigned to characters but the fate card doesn't say to discard them. Do they go back to storage or stay on the character? I'm just confused because I've seen both answers in other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bergenstråle
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it as they stay on the character until told otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also keep them on the characters. If nothing tells you to remove them, then I see no reason to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as3bes4 wrote:

This is correct.

Once played, unless specifically told to by a Fate card, Bandages, Meds and Herbal Meds are left on the Character card. Of course, should the Character die, these tokens go back to the box.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tpholt wrote:
as3bes4 wrote:

This is correct.

Once played, unless specifically told to by a Fate card, Bandages, Meds and Herbal Meds are left on the Character card. Of course, should the Character die, these tokens go back to the box.

Tony

Has there been an official ruling on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Shadrach wrote:
tpholt wrote:
as3bes4 wrote:

This is correct.

Tony

Is it required? It comes directly from the instructions on the fate cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
tpholt wrote:
as3bes4 wrote:

This is correct.

Tony

Is it required? It comes directly from the instructions on the fate cards

Because no where in the rules do weapons ever get removed from a character once you assign them to the character(for combat or a night raid) either. Do you think many folks have been playing that way?

Edit:I should add that I think either method of handking keds/bandages tokens is valid and comes with its own benefits and pitfalls. To my mind redressing(or not) wounds and continuing (or not) a course of meds over time makes the most sense. I can't see Cveta taking a single pill or snarfing the enture bottle and hoping to improve someday. Similarly I just can't see how that bandage is going to be doing Boris any favors fter three days of mucking the sewers to get to the shelled school.

It isn't an I win you Lose argument though, It is just the only thing I've never heard back from AR about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure that taking medicine or using a bandage is the same as holding a weapon.

Thematically you use the medicine/bandage and they cannot go back - they will eventually help your character get better, but it may take a few days for that to happen (the fate cards simulate this variable time until the meds/bandages kick in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
I am not sure that taking medicine or using a bandage is the same as holding a weapon.

Thematically you use the medicine/bandage and they cannot go back - they will eventually help your character get better, but it may take a few days for that to happen (the fate cards simulate this variable time until the meds/bandages kick in).

I understand your point of view. I view medicine or bandages as a vague sort of 'supply' that someone needs to be assigned the meds every night in order to have a chance of getting better, you don't just take one dose and wait to get better. Similarly Bandages are 'a supply of clean cloth suitable for binding wounds' and the dressing needs to be changed (assigned) every round to have a chance to help. You can choose to swap the lls from one person to another... but then the first person is out of luck because they stopped taking the meds, or you could bandage another person instead of the first, but those old crusty ones they still have just won't help the first person any more.

Both views are viable both thematically and mechanically. I've just been curious which was intended, hence asking if there was official word.

There's plenty of evidence in the stories for tokens being representative rather than exact (I've had food that counted as canned, but certainly wasn't)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Mydel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meds / Herbal meds / Bandages - once assigned, they are kept on a Character until a Fate card triggers them or the Character dies - in both cases they are discarded into the box.

Weapons and other stuff - they are assigned "temporarily" to a Character for the current combat / Night Raids phase. They they are returned to the storage or to the findings pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
middle wrote:
Meds / Herbal meds / Bandages - once assigned, they are kept on a Character until a Fate card triggers them or the Character dies - in both cases they are discarded into the box.

Weapons and other stuff - they are assigned "temporarily" to a Character for the current combat / Night Raids phase. They they are returned to the storage or to the findings pile.

Is,this an official answer from the designer/publisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mean to be rude, but if you are only interested in the official answer (and not people's consensus on the answer) then you should probably contact them directly.

Asking a rules question here will inevitably give you lots of unofficial answers..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
I don't mean to be rude, but if you are only interested in the official answer (and not people's consensus on the answer) then you should probably contact them directly.

Asking a rules question here will inevitably give you lots of unofficial answers..

I have, without reply. Considering that fullfillment was still in a touch of turmoil at the time I didn't mind. Similalry I am not hurt that people play differently than I do, I just ask hecause if someone had heard and I hadn't it would be nice to have a solid answer from the source is all. I've said before thwt both ways are roughly equivilent mechanically so it isn't as if either is 'cheating' the system. I just see it thematically one way and some other folks see it another way. No real contention or harm in it. I normally ask when someone makes an authoritative answer ie. 'The correct way to ay is X' instead of 'we play x' if you follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.