Here is a possible variant for 5:
* Add one more book type (which would require sleeving), Censor
If you draw the censor as your book type, then your type is the banned book (scoring 2 points for each book). You do not score negative points for it.
If the censor is the favorite book, then there is no favorite book. That category is ignored during scoring.
If the censor is the banned book, then there is no banned book. That category is ignored during scoring.
- Thoughts on why this is balanced if it ends up with a player:
* While you score no negative points, in usual games negative points are relatively low (5 or less)
* While everyone else is focusing on collecting 5 types of books, you are focused on collecting 6, spreading out your numbers more, reducing your set count
- Thoughts on why this is balanced if it ends up on favorite or banned:
* While it does lower the score (for banned because now everyone collects 6 groups), it does so evenly for everyone