Legendary: Buffy The Vampire Slayer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Courage Tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Morgan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
When a Hero "spends" a Courage Token, is that token returned to the pool or is it KOed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This is confusing me immensely. Spend implies that they would go back to supply, the rules say that they carry between rounds and can be saved for big fights or buys, save again implies that they would be returned to supply when used. So far so good.

But The Twilight terror scheme specifically states they are sent back to supply when spent, which to me implies that when you spend them they stay with you until something in game would remove them as the game effect wouldn't otherwise need to be ammended (only the text that limits the total number of tokens in supply).

This is my first legendary game so the specific terminology and use is throwing me for a loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you spend a courage token, it goes back to the general supply. Otherwise the rules would have stated to KO them specifically, which they do not. The "carry over between turns" simply means that players keep their Courage Tokens until they are spent (or a game effect tells you to get rid of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Works as I originally played then. The text on Twilight Terror is massively confusing though. It tells you specifically to do something the game already does. Which is against the norm for every CCG or card game I have played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Underworld40k wrote:
But The Twilight terror scheme specifically states they are sent back to supply when spent

That scheme starts with a limited number of courage tokens in the supply and has rules for KO-ing them out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That part is fine. All it needs to say is total tokens is 4 per player, and keep the twist text. The special rules wording creates confusion as it tells you a standard game rule is in effect a new rule. Which makes you question the original rule because as far as I can see spend is not defined in the context of the game.

But thank you for the clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.