Legendary: Buffy The Vampire Slayer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Willow Card-I owe you pain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Morgan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
The text on this card readsiscard a card or advance the dark. Are you required to do this or is it optional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is optional, but if you do not discard a card, you must advance the Dark by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are required to either discard a card or advance the dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do I have to play this card? For example it gives 3 strikes but all my monsters are 4+ and I have no extra can I just not play the card?
As it says discard a card or advance the dark could I discard this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mb
PandaBall wrote:
Do I have to play this card? For example it gives 3 strikes but all my monsters are 4+ and I have no extra can I just not play the card?
As it says discard a card or advance the dark could I discard this card?

You can always not play cards from your hand, in which case, at the end of your turn they are discarded (and the text on the cards does not take effect).

Edit: If you were to play this card, it would have to be a different card that you discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bric wrote:
Edit: If you were to play this card, it would have to be a different card that you discard.

Yes, either a card played previously or one from your hand - while resolving the effect the played card is neither of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
bric wrote:

Yes, either a card played previously or one from your hand - while resolving the effect the played card is neither of those.

I don’t think you can discard a previously played card. The act of discarding is specifically meant to disallow you from playing a card.
In this game, when discarding as a cost, it must be discarded from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riddle13 wrote:
I don’t think you can discard a previously played card. The act of discarding is specifically meant to disallow you from playing a card.
In this game, when discarding as a cost, it must be discarded from your hand.

Ah, yes, I was a bit drowsy when I read the section on discarding in the rulebook. It makes sense that a played card cannot work as the discard cost of something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.