1 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A short-isch review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anders stegervall
Sweden
flag msg tools
Should you buy this game, thats the question we all want to have the answer to.

In short, if you are a fan of fallout (specially the newer games), then yeah. You should get this game. But the replayability is on the lower side, so would recomend to not play this game every "game night"

--------------a longer version of the review--------------

-Is it a good game? again i would say yes.

The mechanics are pretty simple to learn and understand.
The quests are fun, specially that the decisions you make can change that games "story", and push one of the two rival factions closer to their goal to dominate the wasteland.

Are there any issues? Of course there are, very few games are "perfect" at first realese. This is true for boardgames and videogames.
Most of them are not "game breaking".

BUT, the biggest issue is replayability. When i buy a boardgame i want to be able to play it a few times in one sitting (depending on time to finish) and maybe play it again next time. But even if the questing in this game is nice and the board itself changes a bit every time you play. You will learn the questlines after a few times of playing, which will turn the quests not as fun, since you will know which choice has what outcome, and what kind of reward you will get at the end of a questline.

So yeah, the game is fun. but i would say that you should only play it 1-2 times during a "game day" and then let a few "game days" pass before playing it again. To keep the quests and stuff fun for as long as possible.

If you are the type of player that doesnt mind "playing the game" and learning all the choices to win. Then play it as you will, the randomness still makes it possible for your "knowladge" to not fall in place anyway.

So i would score the game

Difficulty : 7 : Easy to learn with some randomness of cards and dice
Mechanics : 6 : Interesting and easy to learn. Some balance issues.
playscale : 7 : It scales pretty good for 1-4 players.
replayability: 4 : Its easy to learn the quests and outcomes.
score -------: 6 :
If you like fallout, then you will most likely enjoy this. If you are not a fan of fallout, then the mechanics can still be fun, but its possible that you can find something else that you enjoy more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.