10 Posts

Clans of Caledonia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Piece Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ross
msg tools
mb
I just received this game and am very excited to get this to the table. I went through and learned all the rules (I tend to get 'relegated' to the teaching role). I just had one confusion. It actually is in regards to one of the (team) colored pieces; and I can't seem to figure out its function or intended location. It is a small hexagonal wood piece. What am I missing? What is the purpose of the piece?

Just for reference there are: all the goods (wheat etc.) merchants, workers, renown (I think that is what it is termed- one circular-esque shaped), the port bonus circles, shipping upgrade piece, and this hexagonal piece.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a neighborhood tracking token. you can use it to track where people are in regard to this so that players don't have to mentally do these calculations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
msg tools
mb
reddish22 wrote:
It's a neighborhood tracking token. you can use it to track where people are in regard to this so that players don't have to mentally do these calculations.

Oh! Thank you for your kind help. I must have missed this in the rule book. Do you happen to have a page number/paragraph in which to reference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Settlement Token
Yes, there is a brief reference to it in a Note at the end of Settlement Scoring on page 8. You deploy them near the end of the game (when the bottom end of the scoring track will probably be vacant) to give an indication of the current numbers of linked settlements for the bonus scoring at game end, so players can weigh up their chances of grabbing those bonus points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee Tso
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
reddish22 wrote:

Exactly. As the board fills up in the later rounds, its difficult to keep track of everyone's settlement. For my gaming group, we don't use it because we like to keep the suspense. If they want to go for the settlement scoring they can count themselves and if they miscounted then oh well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flocking tricky game
TheBeesKnees wrote:
As the board fills up in the later rounds, its difficult to keep track of everyone's settlement. For my gaming group, we don't use it because we like to keep the suspense. If they want to go for the settlement scoring they can count themselves and if they miscounted then oh well
Harsh. I need the extra help for those 'Dare I slaughter that Sheep link?' dilemmas that the game throws up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee Tso
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
misteralan wrote:
TheBeesKnees wrote:
As the board fills up in the later rounds, its difficult to keep track of everyone's settlement. For my gaming group, we don't use it because we like to keep the suspense. If they want to go for the settlement scoring they can count themselves and if they miscounted then oh well
Harsh. I need the extra help for those 'Dare I slaughter that Sheep link?' dilemmas that the game throws up.

Haha we're usually pretty nice about it. If one person ask how many settlement does someone have, we just give a vague answer (i.e. more than 5) so they can at least ball park it. Love this game and can't get enough of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
msg tools
mb
misteralan wrote:
Yes, there is a brief reference to it in a Note at the end of Settlement Scoring on page 8. You deploy them near the end of the game (when the bottom end of the scoring track will probably be vacant) to give an indication of the current numbers of linked settlements for the bonus scoring at game end, so players can weigh up their chances of grabbing those bonus points.

Thank you, found the note. Makes sense I missed it as I didn't go through the scoring. Glad I didn't miss a big rule during my playthough ie. can only convert goods in a 1:1 ratio... Whoops! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good deed for the day
Cmid21 wrote:
misteralan wrote:
Thank you, found the note. Makes sense I missed it as I didn't go through the scoring. Glad I didn't miss a big rule during my playthrough ie. can only convert goods in a 1:1 ratio... Whoops! blush
Well done. I appear to have upset some other people by pointing out the rule is hidden in plain sight, with examples. I would give the link, but apparently I am teetering on the edge of having something unfortunate happen to me.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I didn’t miss it, just didn’t understand it. Thanks for askkng the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.