John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i saw in the "settings" (i believe) where you can turn "sound effects and/or music" on/off...

now i already have a playlist that would be great for this game, and i normally would just use my own...but are there times when the app will be actually "reading to us", and it might be more fun to go with it? or is the app music pretty good, and worth using?

and if there is music, does the music play throughout the entire game/session? (or is the music kind of in/out)

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Perreault
Canada
Chatham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just the intro and ending are narrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calero27 wrote:
Just the intro and ending are narrated.
if you've played, can you tell me are there sound effects throughout the game? is there music for the whole game?

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time the app "reads" to you is at the beginning of each scenario. Each one has a short, 3-4 paragraph prologue that is narrated in the game. After that, you only have sound effects and ambient music. I think the ambient music is quite decent (reminds me of the Save Room music from the Resident Evil series). The music does play throughout the entire scenario and I do not find that it gets annoying. It is very much ambient).

If you have your own playlist, by all means turn the music off. You can also test out the game's music first as well, to see which you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
The only time the app "reads" to you is at the beginning of each scenario. Each one has a short, 3-4 paragraph prologue that is narrated in the game. After that, you only have sound effects and ambient music. I think the ambient music is quite decent (reminds me of the Save Room music from the Resident Evil series). The music does play throughout the entire scenario and I do not find that it gets annoying. It is very much ambient).

If you have your own playlist, by all means turn the music off. You can also test out the game's music first as well, to see which you prefer.
thanks...think will try out the app's music!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's all the same music from Elder sign the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NFLD wrote:
I believe it's all the same music from Elder sign the app.
thanks, but as i mentioned since (in another post), i have no sound at all (music/special effects) coming from my app...

(and the ipad volume is "on", ipad has sound for all my other apps, app options have both music and sound effects also turned on...and apparently others are having the same problem)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a FYI - there are a few cool things you will miss with the sound off. At least I think they are cool . There are occasional sound effects that add to the immersion like when you solve a puzzle, open a lock etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
Just a FYI - there are a few cool things you will miss with the sound off. At least I think they are cool . There are occasional sound effects that add to the immersion like when you solve a puzzle, open a lock etc.
but my sound isn't off, in either the app or my ipad...there just isn't any sound...(and apparently i'm not the only one)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO the music built-in to the app is not important. If you already have an alternate source of background music, it's probably better than what comes with the app.

The sound effects are sometimes cool (glass smashing, door busting, monsters spawning/dieing, etc).

If you are using an iPad, the App apparently sometimes gets "stuck" into a mode where it doesn't play any sounds. I'm pretty sure you just have to force-close the app, go to your iPad settings and toggle mute On/Off again, then re-launch the app to fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.