Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: CMON Holiday Sale - Delivery by Easter, Memorial Day, or Halloween? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took advantage of some great deals offered by CMON as part of their holiday sale. I placed one order on November 28th and a second on December 5, figuring delivery by Christmas would be no problem. Now, I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen given that both orders are still listed as "processing."

I've tried contacting CMON's "customer support" for a shipping update/estimate but haven't had much luck. The customer support phone number provided with my order confirmation doesn't work (immediate "call failed" every time I try it) and emails have gone unanswered. I managed to find an 866 number that rang 15 times before going to a voicemail but, so far, I've had no response from that method either.

Is this normal for CMON? Am I one of the few or one of the many customers who hasn't received their holiday order?

I'm sure they were slammed by orders from the sale but isn't the whole point of a holiday sale to sell games for...um...I don't know...the holidays?

Maybe I'm expecting too much (I've never ordered anything direct from CMON outside of Kickstarter) but, in 2017, waiting weeks for an order of an existing product to be shipped just seems odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patient, i didn't see tracking but just got an email from cmon, it's on truck for delivery today, they're lagging with getting notices out as well. they'll get to you, the deals are worth the wait IMO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is CMON's first sale direct and they weren't prepared for it.

I know people who work there and they just didn't plan at all on the crazy amount of orders they would get and so don't have the staff to handle the work load.

They are around 2 weeks for order processing when i asked a week ago if the sale got more popular as time went on it's possible that lead time could have grown rather then shrank.

For comparison the Fantasy Flight/Asmodee sale last year was over a month for delivery from their sale. They got their act together for this year so if cmon decides to do another i imagine they'll be better staffed for it.

But they'll get to your order it unfortunately just takes time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up about a dozen sets of bases, and received them this past Saturday.

It'll come, but no telling at what point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolio wrote:

This will always be funny to me. It's 2017. Every single company is "never prepared" for their own events and sales.

Like, why? I get it you can't look in a crystal ball, but assume the volume will go up.

Oh well, I don't own a company and can't talk smack. Just an excuse I see trotted out every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolio wrote:

I know people who work there and they just didn't plan at all on the crazy amount of orders they would get and so don't have the staff to handle the work load.

They are around 2 weeks for order processing when i asked a week ago if the sale got more popular as time went on it's possible that lead time could have grown rather then shrank.

For comparison the Fantasy Flight/Asmodee sale last year was over a month for delivery from their sale. They got their act together for this year so if cmon decides to do another i imagine they'll be better staffed for it.

But they'll get to your order it unfortunately just takes time.

Ugh. I forgot about last year's FFG/Asmodee sale. I ordered the first day of the sale and it only just arrived before Christmas.

I guess there's always hope and, if my CMON stuff doesn't make it under the tree, I'm sure I have a game or two I can play while I wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I have a large order that I placed on day one of the sale and I have not had my items shipped yet. I called the CS line 4 times today and finally got through. Apparently orders were sorted based on TYPE of product. I ordered all magazines, DVDs, books, etc... those are all in wave 3. So, if your order has any of that in it, most likely it will be shipped this week, or early next according to CMON CS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Same here. I have a large order that I placed on day one of the sale and I have not had my items shipped yet. I called the CS line 4 times today and finally got through. Apparently orders were sorted based on TYPE of product. I ordered all magazines, DVDs, books, etc... those are all in wave 3. So, if your order has any of that in it, most likely it will be shipped this week, or early next according to CMON CS.

Any idea what's being shipped in Waves 1 and 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marximus wrote:
Bigsixer wrote:

Any idea what's being shipped in Waves 1 and 2?

They did not say, but inferring from comments, it will be the most popular stuff that goes first as it is in the warehouse in easily accessible areas. No joke, that is a concern apparently. I would guess things like board games would go first based on hearing some folks say they have received their orders with games in them. Maybe models are second? Total guess but I have not heard anyone who ordered any say they have received their order yet. It's all speculation on my part, and it could be complete rubbish, but it's what I was told.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order on the 28th, and had a phone conversation with someone in the warehouse on the 5th. I wanted to add some items to my order but was told that my packing slip was already printed and someone in the warehouse was picking items. It's now 2 weeks later and I still don't have my order, or a shipping notice. Sure feels like I could have added items without delaying my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll consider myself lucky then. Purchased 2 games on the 28th and received them on the 8th. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed my order on 12/2, got my stuff on Friday, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All this is nice to read, Having made an order towards the end of Nov. I still haven't heard anything, not even a shipping notification, and CMON's website fails to load my account or show status updates for the order. Glad folks are receiving orders, and that other also haven't heard anything. All seems to be in process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamine Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order of some Games and random stuff on the 29th of November and have not heard anything, but see it is still processing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chavis
United States
Wanatah
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I saw this today. I ordered on 12/1 and have been waiting patiently up until today when I started calling them and almost contacted paypal to cancel the payment.

Looks like I am not the only one waiting - guess I can wait awhile longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hiatt
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of the Old New Wave Games days....

-Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chavis
United States
Wanatah
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this today:

Quote:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us and we understand your concern.
We've experienced unusually high response due to the nature of the sale, but are working to get the orders out as fast as we can. The response was orders of magnitude greater than we anticipated due to the depth of discounts, the breadth of products on offer, and the enthusiasm of gamers across the globe.
We regret any inconveniences or hard feelings created by what was a good intention on our part and we hope you can forgive the delays as we work through this.
Once your order has been shipped you will receive an email that provides tracking information.

Thank you for your patience

I don't mind waiting - but even some indication on the website or posting here or something stating the above weeks ago would have saved some questions and/or hard feelings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not going to be under the tree so maybe it will be in the basket...

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I messaged CMON via Facebook about their shipping schedule during the holidays and Just received this response:

"Hi Mark, The Customer Support team won't be doing any shipping during that period, but they will be back at it on January 8th. Thanks! ^Sean"

On the positive side, no need to keep checking their store site for shipping info...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huff
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marximus wrote:
"Hi Mark, The Customer Support team won't be doing any shipping during that period, but they will be back at it on January 8th. Thanks! ^Sean"

An entire team out for nearly two weeks with what I can assume is a huge backlog seems like bad business practice to me. I am all about giving time off to people during the holidays, but my experience tells me that you should split time off for the holidays for your team so that there is always a presence there to accomplish work that needs to be done.

I think it is a good idea to close the web store so that no new orders come in so you can catch up, not so you can send the whole team on vacation. Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myrthe
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I placed an order within the first 24 hours of the sale launch. I STILL haven't received it and all I get from Charlie at Customer Service are canned, stock responses and apologies but no update on my "processing" order. Over a month and counting to ship some items ? Not getting gifts in time for Christmas ? No real answers ?
And now finding out that they not only shut the online store but the shipping department as well ?!!! WTH, CMON ?!! Not "Cool" at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrthe wrote:
I placed an order within the first 24 hours of the sale launch. I STILL haven't received it and all I get from Charlie at Customer Service are canned, stock responses and apologies but no update on my "processing" order. Over a month and counting to ship some items ? Not getting gifts in time for Christmas ? No real answers ?
And now finding out that they not only shut the online store but the shipping department as well ?!!! WTH, CMON ?!! Not "Cool" at all.

I know it does not help, but I am in the same boat as you. Exactly. I love the prices I "got" on these items, but no idea if I am actually going to get them is aggravating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamine Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still waiting as well, and when I asked a few weeks ago, they said they received more orders than they thought they would and are still processing orders. I placed my order on the 29th of November I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poke450 wrote:
I am still waiting as well, and when I asked a few weeks ago, they said they received more orders than they thought they would and are still processing orders. I placed my order on the 29th of November I think.

Ordered 9AM EST on the 28th and not gotten anything yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bartholomew
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still processing a 12/6 order. Got the same canned response as noted above when I e-mailed. 35ish days without shipping seems a little out of control when it is safe to assume that many people, including myself, were hoping to have our orders close to Christmas. I am patient when it comes to their kickstarter delays, but I assumed their own store of in stock merchandise would be shipped in a timely manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.