13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Need infos :D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M V
msg tools
mbmb
So i watched a gameplay vid and liked it so much that i got a copy.

So i wonder if you can tell me few things....

I read in the core game there are many survivors to assemble....

I didn t understand if all assembling is fixed or you can switch some parts.. i mean..

I get that you can change them but is there a guide line for lazy people that wants a standard appearance ?

Are survivors for example "leather" and so on, the same starting survivors evolved or they are different?

Are the old man and young girl playable characters or something else?

And finally... can you tell me min and max single session duration ..faq says 1 to 3 hours... i hardly believe it.

Ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
build.kingdomdeath.com has a guide and the assembly box even suggests this guide! Otherwise, check vibrantlantern.

The named-survivors are fixed, the armor kits are switchable

See first-answer.

Question unclear.

Yes/no. The minis you use are just tokens to show where a character is out, it doesn't have to match anything.

FAQ is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Chaves
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The way it works is that the Prologue survivors, the Intimacy survivors, and the Young/Old survivors are what are now considered "narrative sculpts". They have fixed appearances and play into the story as their appearance in some way. The rest of the miniatures are 'armor kits', which are mix and match however you like. As far as things being 'player characters', you're looking at it the wrong way. The minis are representative of whatever survivor you want them to be, there are no fixed characters. Session duration, definitely one to three hours, if not skewing a bit higher against harder enemies. Keep in mind that it takes into account the hunt, showdown, and settlement phases all together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rodd
msg tools
mbmbmb
And can I ask if you paint the hard accesable places before bluuing some parts together? Or the final product?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merethif
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:

I read in the core game there are many survivors to assemble....

I didn t understand if all assembling is fixed or you can switch some parts.. i mean..

I get that you can change them but is there a guide line for lazy people that wants a standard appearance ?

- Lazy people just need to assemble four minis :-) You don't need more for playing the game (unless you want them to at least represent character's gender in which case you need eight miniatures assembled just in case).

VonDodo wrote:
Are survivors for example "leather" and so on, the same starting survivors evolved or they are different?

- Different, because miniatures are not representing any particular character - one mini can represent different characters, and one character can be represented by different miniature each fight. Seriously, survivors are dying left and right so treat miniatures like units in Civ games rather then characters in Dungeon Crawlers.

VonDodo wrote:
Are the old man and young girl playable characters or something else?

- Not a single miniature represents a specific character. Every miniature can represent whatever character you wish. It's not like Descent or something that you have miniatures related to specific characters. Starting survivors may have made a wrong impression that these are specific characters, but that's only because they represents four KDM "mascots". It's not obligatory to use those "mascot characters" as starting survivor. For example you can have four female starting survivors named whatever you like and represented by whatever miniatures you like.

VonDodo wrote:
And finally... can you tell me min and max single session duration ..faq says 1 to 3 hours... i hardly believe it.

- You better start believing :-D Note that there's lot of book-keeping and you use rulebook quite often to check various tables and what not. I know there are players who play faster then this but in my case it's always 1-2 hours per session.

Also many fan-made player aids / spreadsheets / reference cards available on BGG speed game up so you might check them out at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olanzuan wrote:
And can I ask if you paint the hard accesable places before bluuing some parts together? Or the final product?
As someone who just started painting minis... you might wanna do it before gluing. Dry-fit to see where glue will be needed, paint, glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommi
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
Olanzuan wrote:
As someone who just started painting minis... you might wanna do it before gluing. Dry-fit to see where glue will be needed, paint, glue.

As someone who has painted miniatures for a decade, I always assemble and glue everything before painting. If you can see it, you can also put paint on it. I never want the hassle of using glue on painted pieces, usually the seams don't end up all that great either.
But this is entirely subjective, both ways are commonly used. But for newbies I would actually recommend the "assemble first" and then paint method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomyrgon wrote:
Jasiven wrote:
Olanzuan wrote:
As someone who has painted miniatures for a decade, I always assemble and glue everything before painting. If you can see it, you can also put paint on it. I never want the hassle of using glue on painted pieces, usually the seams don't end up all that great either.
But this is entirely subjective, both ways are commonly used. But for newbies I would actually recommend the "assemble first" and then paint method.
Then I must REALLY suck 'cause there are so many parts I can never manage to get painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you a lot.

I am still quite scared about the assembly part but i liked the game so much i really had to get it.

I'd actually like to give the mini a primer and some statue like shadowing like in KS images but since i do suck at painting (or well i don't touch a brush since years) i don't want to risk ruining minis...

So if i got it i have to assemble 8 survivors at most? 4 males 4 females?
In this case going with starting, the old man , the young girl and the 2 intimacy would be the better choice since they seems the only without any extra pieces to mismatch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:
Thank you a lot.

I am still quite scared about the assembly part but i liked the game so much i really had to get it.

I'd actually like to give the mini a primer and some statue like shadowing like in KS images but since i do suck at painting (or well i don't touch a brush since years) i don't want to risk ruining minis...

So if i got it i have to assemble 8 survivors at most? 4 males 4 females?
In this case going with starting, the old man , the young girl and the 2 intimacy would be the better choice since they seems the only without any extra pieces to mismatch.

You'll see it's easier than it looks to assemble minis.

Try painting other games first. You'll see after 20 minis you'll be much much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
Might i ask a last question?

I read with expansions comes extra mini parts...

But i don t know if i will get expansions (i like a couple monsters but nothing else).

If i assemble this will i have enough for future expansions:

-4 base survivors
-old man
-young girl
-2 intimacy
-2 of each other set

Or do you suggest to only assemble few?

And wich ones are supposed to have the faces base? the basic ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:

But i don t know if i will get expansions (i like a couple monsters but nothing else).

-4 base survivors
-old man
-young girl
-2 intimacy
-2 of each other set

I suggest building only the 4 prologue survivors, the monsters you need, and perhaps the intimacy couple. Once you have gone through a couple of campaigns you can build your favorite gear outfits from the armor spruces.

Take it easy, building and painting minis should be fun, not an obligation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:

-4 base survivors
-old man
-young girl
-2 intimacy
-2 of each other set

for survivor minis, you can play the complete game with just the 4 starting survivors.

old joe, young rachel, the intimacy couple are simple monopose survivors you can use, while the armor sets are modular and can be combined as you wish. you don't need to assemble any sets at all to play the game.

the stone face base inserts are optional, too. I used 4 of them for the starting survivors and haven't decided how to use the remaining ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.