Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Exodus Fleet» Forums » General

Subject: Spot the error! Find the links! A contest about Exodus Fleet trivia... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Cohn
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There's one card in the game that has a visual icon error that has exactly ZERO impact on game play. Nevertheless, it does give you some hints about the universe of Exodus Fleet.

If you can spot the error, I'll give you 25 geek gold. If you can tell us what it shows about the universe in which Exodus Fleet exists, I'll give you 50 geek gold. I'll make it 100 if you get both.

Please don't post if (a) I've already told you about this, (b) you're a Santa Cruz local, or (c) you work for Tasty Minstrel (i.e. if you're someone in the know).

Post guesses and theories below. Have fun!

(PS-I didn't even know about this until someone I was playing with discovered it at BGG.con, so look hard!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough, the first card I took a look at did stick out to me - the Fleet Admiral Card appears to have the incorrect symbol for the Wet-Rockers. I can't find it elsewhere in the rules or on another card.

As to what it may mean, I'm afraid I'm short on ideas. I don't know if this was intended to be another faction altogether, or if it was an alternate symbol for them. The one that is on the card looks a bit more ominous. I suppose it could be alien of some kind?

Btw, really enjoyed our first couple of games at 3 players. Looks like a lot of thought went into balancing and replayability!

(Also noticed the nod to TMG with the 'dragon planet')
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cohn
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
darthservo wrote:
Oddly enough, the first card I took a look at did stick out to me - the Fleet Admiral Card appears to have the incorrect symbol for the Wet-Rockers. I can't find it elsewhere in the rules or on another card.

As to what it may mean, I'm afraid I'm short on ideas. I don't know if this was intended to be another faction altogether, or if it was an alternate symbol for them. The one that is on the card looks a bit more ominous. I suppose it could be alien of some kind?

Btw, really enjoyed our first couple of games at 3 players. Looks like a lot of thought went into balancing and replayability!

(Also noticed the nod to TMG with the 'dragon planet')

Well, you found it! Now, what does it mean? I'm wondering who will be the first to make the connection?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ha! Found it by sleuthing through some of TMG's other games: Downfall has the same faction symbols, including the swapped one from the Admiral card.

So, this would imply Downfall takes place immediately after the war, while Exodus Fleet occurs after Downfall in the year 2299 (86 years since the war)?

One faction must not have survived...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cohn
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
darthservo wrote:
Ah ha! Found it by sleuthing through some of TMG's other games: Downfall has the same faction symbols, including the swapped one from the Admiral card.

So, this would imply Downfall takes place immediately after the war, while Exodus Fleet occurs after Downfall in the year 2299 (86 years since the war)?

One faction must not have survived...

Oooo...you're good! Nice work. But, the weird part is that the faction that didn't make it somehow got onto the Exodus Fleet Admiral Card. Oops...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Kinda neat to see tie-ins, and now I'll be keeping an eye on Downfall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.