Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received an email from Feldherr that they will be selling foam trays for KDM 1.5 designed to fit in the game box on top of the card tray. The product description says it will hold the Phoenix plus 92 figures of variable heights (40, 50, 60mm). I'm not sure how well the based miniatures will fit, the pictures show empty foam and not how well the minis actually fit in each compartment.

Link below in case anyone is interested:

https://www.feldherr.net/a-57144/?utm_source=Feldherr+Inform...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Brunnthal
flag msg tools
Kingdom Death: Monster
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rican919 wrote:
The product description says it will hold the Phoenix...

The Phoenix in the KDM 1.5 original game box? I somehow doubt that:

(this is the Phoenix standig directly in front of the box)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see pictures of the insert IN the core box, with models (looking at you Phoenix) in the foam. As Jens says, I doubt very much that things will fit the way they describe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the phoenix is large. The foam description does also state:

"...Overall, the set is about 12 cm over the corners..."

So the lid won't close flush. But it'll close enough to keep things in place. I'm not sold on it, yet. Not without seeing exactly how well the minis fit. Their other foams include examples with minis in them.

But I have been looking for some way to use the empty space in the 1.5 box. And I'm not handy with making my own foam core inserts, so this piqued my interest. Just thought I'd share.

EDIT: The foam sitting on top of the card tray also had me a little nervous, as the card dividers's height is actually taller than the card tray. So my additional concern is that the foam might crush the dividers without an additional modification to the card tray's height. Which would then increase the box lid offset to something greater than 12cm.

EDIT2: Although I approach this new foam with a lot of questions. I have been happy in the past with their other foam trays (standard trays for pathfinder minis, full sets for The Others, Zombicide, and Arcadia Quest, etc.). So I know their quality is solid. Instead my questions, like yours, are in regard to their design for KDM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Priced at €59,99 with free shipping for orders over €60 shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few Feldherr trays for several games, all of them are very good, great fit, durable and very light.
They tend to raise the lid for the box, e.g. my Silver Tower box raised by 2-3cm... and for KD:M it will be ~12cm if you keep the standard card tray in the box. so the Phoenix wil definitly fit, although it would make the box even more unwieldly ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed their support to ask if they can include "action" shots of their foam with minis in them and to demonstrate how well the foam fits in the box. Not sure if that will work, but I figured it's worth a shot considering how much it costs. With Gambler's chest coming, I could see the extra space for minis being very useful.

Maybe if more folks send them an email requesting more action shots of the product, they'll be more inclined to add them? Dunno how receptive they are to these kinds of requests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:

Even worse outside the EU, it's free shipping to the US only if the order totals over €200.

But yeah, I get what you're saying, to be short free shipping in the EU by €1 is bit sneaky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
They have a second foam solution for preorder: https://www.feldherr.com/feldherr-koffer-mit-schultergurt-fu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crueltism wrote:
They have a second foam solution for preorder: https://www.feldherr.com/feldherr-koffer-mit-schultergurt-fu...

If they show us how it all fits, I could see myself buying 4 of these to house everything (assuming they make versions for all the expansions too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
If they only store minis up to 60mm tall (Pheonix notwithstanding) you're going to have to do some surgery. The Gold Smoke Knight is somewhere around 80mm tall, and I think the Watcher is approaching that as well.

Personally I've gone for paper storage in the box and mini storage outside the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:

That really made me laugh, even though it's not really much of a joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommi
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12cm over the top? I wouldn't call that "fits in the original box".whistle

I really don't see the need for this at all if it indeed doubles the already extensive box. Why not just pick up a few cheap basic miniature-foams that you can plug yourself and store the minis in those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Dittly
United States
Oswego
NY
flag msg tools
Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats
badge
HHHHHHoooooooooooooooooo!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if any of you have looked at the battlefoam KDM solution. How do you think the Feldherr compares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, Here's a storage solution involving magnetizing the Phoenix wings: https://imgur.com/a/XVoXl#FCVtyv3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaat Van Hee
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked at Battlefoam and seems nice but shipping to EU is too costly. So for us europeans, Feldherr could be a nice altefnative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
fwiw, Here's a storage solution involving magnetizing the Phoenix wings: https://imgur.com/a/XVoXl#FCVtyv3

works only if you don't paint him though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.