Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Fellowship Event Cards Quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello,

First time poster. I recently purchased the murder at the prancing pony deck as well as the siege of annuminas fellowship event decks on Ebay. Each deck comes with the alt art hero card (Legolas, Faramir). Upon receiving the items in the mail, I noticed some things that have me concerned. For starts, many of the cards have the copyright line semi cut off or cut off completely. The card quality is different than the regular decks I've purchased in stores. The only way I can describe it is that the cards are not as vibrant in color but slightly foggy. I was wondering if this is just because they are special event decks from the fellowship events or if I purchased fake copies that someone printed?

Any info would help.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are Print on Demand products - so yes - they look and feel noticeably different than the normal cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fellowship and gencon quests (of which those both belong) are printed at FFG's printer instead of the primary printer in China. So, the quality is different (a.k.a. worse).

It's just how it is. You don't need to worry about them being fakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Goldeneye007 wrote:
Hello,

First time poster. I recently purchased the murder at the prancing pony deck as well as the siege of annuminas fellowship event decks on Ebay. Each deck comes with the alt art hero card (Legolas, Faramir). Upon receiving the items in the mail, I noticed some things that have me concerned. For starts, many of the cards have the copyright line semi cut off or cut off completely. The card quality is different than the regular decks I've purchased in stores. The only way I can describe it is that the cards are not as vibrant in color but slightly foggy. I was wondering if this is just because they are special event decks from the fellowship events or if I purchased fake copies that someone printed?

Any info would help.

Thanks.

FFG prints these in house as opposed to those printed in China for the "real" expansions. Unfortunately, this is just how they come - and some are better than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same thing after ordering The Old Forest off CSI - looked like someone printed it off their home printer. But as others have already said, it's just how those PoD APs are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
The print on demand cards I've gotten so far have looked fine. The cards feel thicker and more rigid, even slightly plastic-y like quality poker decks. The same goes for the standalone scenarios for AHLCG. Regular expansions for either game have been very much like regular cardboard and slightly thinner. Has this changed lately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel they've gotten better over the years, but even with the Chinese printed ones you'll get one that's cut slightly off centre occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.