Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So ... we played two times the introductory scenario at easy, read all the rules twice, read the almanac, read most of the topics here.

Some questions stayed unanswered (most likely I've missed them):

1. Do you explore with three pawns on R1 for automatic success? I explore R1 tiles with Froggy and the Drones which is 3 pawns - is that correct?

2. Are gather and explore the same token-count-wise?

3. Why is the current event in the app always with a particular character on it? It gives impression that you have to go with this character to resolve it. Is that the case?

4. Is there an unfulfilled demand rule for the spare parts or whatever? Or it's only when you can't give morale tokens in the morale phase.

5. Your backup supplies are mostly for:
- Food: when there's not enough food (and if an event makes you drop it)
- O2: Removing shutdown tiles and stopping wilting.
- Energy: Removing shutdown tiles and stopping wilting.

6. Except in a case when your food wilts (either cuz you have no o2/energy or cuz of an event) could you ever have a problem with food?

7. Do you remove shutdown tiles with 1 or 2 pawns?

8. The game is designed so you always eventually roll the 3 malfunction dice, right? Since when you open a card you start rolling a die and eventually you open it's card and start rolling another die etc?

And btw I've heard Ignacy say in a interview about Robinson Crusoe - "The character boards are double sided - male/female - as always with Portal Games". Well... We are ending up calling the black character "Mark" just so we can distinguish who's who in the app.

Also - I expected the app to add to the realism and it took a lot from it. In Robinson I always know what event or threat I'm taking care of - here it's hard to distinguish and you need to go into the details and try to remember what happened etc... Personal opinion based on two games tho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, three pawns in R1 guarantees success - unless there is something else in effect. For example if you have a status that says you must have an adventure, you do, and it tells you that you failed. In the absence of something unusual, three always works. Froggy counts as two.

2) Usually, but there could be a extra person needed on the explored tile. That would require an additional token. Note that Froggy can't be used here and Scorpio only counts as 1 pawn.

3) Don't know why but it is not required to use that character to solve.

4) If don't have parts when required to loose them, you simply don't. Of course if the app says there is a consequence, it overrules this.

5) Food can be required for other things than events. Wilting for example means you are short food. Anemia means you need extra food.
O2 and energy are required to perform an action in any location that has a red cube by the O2 or energy marker.

6) Yes - events, special scenario rules, anemia, ...

7) One pawn.

8) It is very likely that you will be rolling all three malfunction dice. You could spend all your time in the control room trying to prevent this, but you have better things to do.

Do you know that you can enter your names in the app at the start of the scenario to override the default names? It might make it easier to know who is who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! We played every one of those things correctly. Thank you so much for your answers, I was most worried that it will turn out you need two pawns for removing shut down, but I'm sure I read it in the Almanac.

Yes, I know, but still the female character called Mark is kind of weird They should have had at least male/female versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Majeika
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You have the number correct, but remember you need at least one player pawn to perform an action with a "type". AOM (such as drones) cannot be used alone with Froggy to explore.Just make sure the AOM matches the action type.

2. Yes, but please keep in mind the blue penalties on the ROI tiles or the yellow penalty tokens which could be placed on these ROIs. Some require an extra worker.

3. This is for theme only. Thematically, this could be linked to the player "ID" which is the flavor text card for each character role. The events normally would coincide with something on there or potentially be linked to a previous adventure.

4. If you don't have a spare part, you cannot perform the associated action which would require the spare part. If an event or adventure causes you to lose a spare part and you don't have one, nothing happens unless specifically stated in the event or adventure.

5. Agreed. It's a common mistake that O2 reserves can be used instead of placing a shutdown tile when O2 production is too low to supply everything. This is specifically forbidden in the rules. You played it correctly. One note: when an event or malfunction causes you to lose something, pay attention to the wording and iconography. O2 *production* is strictly different than O2 *supply*.

6. As John mentioned, Anemia(condition token) is the only one that comes to mind, but in general apart from some exceptions (which wold be explicitly stated in the app or on a card) you are correct.

7. One pawn, but you must also spend 1 energy or oxygen from the general supply (this is mentioned on the front of the tile).

8. Yes, Mars is not very friendly.

EDIT: Made a mistake regarding AOMs in answer #1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarifications, mate! Are you sure on the first one?

Page 21 of the Rulebook, under AOMs:
Quote:
They [AOM] can be used to assist other pawns or to take an action on their own.

and the same page under Rovers:
Quote:
They do not perform any actions on their own — at least one pawn is needed to operate each of them (whether it’s an AOM pawn or an astronaut pawn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Majeika
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, you're right. My mistake. I've had several conversations with people regarding AOMs and I got them mixed up.

I was thinking about this one regarding type/no type actions (this is clearly define in the Almanac on page 30): https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27125449#27125449

As long as your AOM matches the correct type, it can be used alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.