Hide
3 Posts

Pub Battles: Antietam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elite units (ignoring damage, rallying) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sia Rezvani
msg tools
A fresh Elite unit ignores the first point of damage it takes. I have a few questions based on the following scenario:

AP Hills elite division is fresh, but then takes 2 hits (so it is now spent). If it engages in further combat without rallying, will it take 1 or 2 hits to destroy it (i.e. is its ability to absorb one point of damage only when its fresh)?

If it rallies, will it be fully "fresh" again (i.e. able to take 2 hits before becoming spent?) or can it only take the 2 hits the first time it enters combat.

If it had only taken 1 hit (which would have been ignored), and then it engages in further combat on a future round, does its take 1 or two hits to render it spent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hits: one to retreat and then one that destroys it. The absorb bonus can only be used once.

Yes - thr absorb bonus is per combat, so it would even apply if the unit was not rallied in time for its next combat

2 hits. The absorb bonus is per combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sia Rezvani
msg tools
Ok, thanks for the super fast reply! That makes some sense -- and it makes the few elite units that the Confederates have very important!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.