Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current game end trigger relies on three of the four stacks of Neighborhood tiles being exhausted. This can feel a little drawn out in games will less than the full compliment of players. After extensive play testing, I'd like to propose an additional Final Round trigger.

Current rules:

The Final Round
When three of the four stacks of Neighborhood tiles are exhausted at the end of a players turn, the Final Round is triggered. Each player in order, including the player who triggered the Last Round, performs one final action.
• You must take only one action.
• You CANNOT spend Imperium tiles to take additional actions.
• If in the rare circumstance you are unable to perform any action, you must pass.

Proposed update in italics:

The Final Round
When a player has no more Commission Cubes in her supply or three of the four stacks of Neighborhood tiles are exhausted at the end of a players turn, the Final Round is triggered. Each player in order, including the player who triggered the Last Round, performs one final action.
• You must take only one action.
• You CANNOT spend Imperium tiles to take additional actions.
• If in the rare circumstance you are unable to perform any action, you must pass.

I feel this additional rule has benefits beyond tightening the game length for low player counts. Tying the end game to Commission Cubes allows the possibility of a race to complete a swath of quick and easy Constructions to expend cubes while opponents spend time on larger Construction projects. Can you force the game end and catch everyone unprepared?

Try it out and tell me what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Excited to give it a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
disclamer wrote:

I feel this additional rule has benefits beyond tightening the game length for low player counts. Tying the end game to Commission Cubes allows the possibility of a race to complete a swath of quick and easy Constructions to expend cubes while opponents spend time on larger Construction projects. Can you force the game end and catch everyone unprepared?

I'm not sure about this. I would just piggy back on their big buildings while building my small army. I need to play more, but I think it's probably fine as is (I main 2P games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
disclamer wrote:

I'm not sure about this. I would just piggy back on their big buildings while building my small army. I need to play more, but I think it's probably fine as is (I main 2P games).

Some have suggested the 2P game is a little slack nearing the end, and this will tighten it up. Obviously, YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
disclamer wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
disclamer wrote:

Some have suggested the 2P game is a little slack nearing the end, and this will tighten it up. Obviously, YMMV.

I'll try it out. I am enjoying your game, by the way. Great job on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
disclamer wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
disclamer wrote:

I'll try it out. I am enjoying your game, by the way. Great job on it.

Thanks, very much. I appreciate that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.