How does it compare to the base game and Journey to the North from
a solo playability standpoint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
It is playable solo to the same degree as the other Andor games, but one of the legends' gimmick is that there's a hidden traitor when all the heroes are playing (otherwise it has another set of legend cards for 2-3 heroes). So you'll not see that one part of the story if you only play solo, and you can't play that legend with 4 heroes (or probably more, I didn't see yet how Dark Heroes interacts with that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wetzel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Dark Hero expansion comes with legend cards for each of the heroes and I assume that is so they can participate in all legends of this game. -This is why the original New Heroes expansion shouldn't be played with Last Hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
piman wrote:
It is playable solo to the same degree as the other Andor games, but one of the legends' gimmick is that there's a hidden traitor when all the heroes are playing (otherwise it has another set of legend cards for 2-3 heroes). So you'll not see that one part of the story if you only play solo, and you can't play that legend with 4 heroes (or probably more, I didn't see yet how Dark Heroes interacts with that).

Is it possible to avoid that traitor mechanic if playing 2p two-handed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mbmbmbmbmb
Llyranor wrote:
piman wrote:

Yes, you can play the legend with 2 or 3 heroes and still experience the same story as with four players (the unselected hero is the one that is 'possessed' during the scenario).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
Yes, you can play the legend with 2 or 3 heroes and still experience the same story as with four players (the unselected hero is the one that is 'possessed' during the scenario).

I think everyone already understood that. By "2p two-handed" he meant two players, but each one controlling two heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to clarify that three heroes also worked, and that you weren't missing out on any "story" by not playing the 4p version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
Llyranor wrote:
piman wrote:

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.