Subject: Cave Player "Hatred Tokens" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh W
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got to play a few rounds of this game this past week. I was the cave all 3 games, (one was Kinght vs. Goblins vs. Cave) and (Two Knight vs. Cave)

We really got a better understanding and I finally think I have found a strategy to assist in the cave collapsing sooner (in all the rounds ive ever played, I've only had the cave start to collapse twice, the time to expand sometimes just takes too long).

Because of the difficulty in getting to collapse sometimes, we started messing with the difficult cards for the different characters to try and provide balance for our own varying talent levels and given strategies.

While reading the higher difficulty cards for the Cave player, I noticed it said something along the lines of "Apply X 'Hatred' Tokens to the hatred Omen option, and when you activate that Omen option, remove 1 Hatred token until they run out, then proceed as normal" (paraphrasing, since I don't have it in front of me)

I was looking through all the literature and couldn't find anything designated as a "Hatred Token" - Obviously, any of the cubes from other players not in the game would act at the same thing, but I was curious what was considered a "Hatred Token" (not sure if it was one of the Omen Tokens that was tossed into the bag.

TL;DR - Higher Difficulty Cave Cards require using "Hatred Tokens" on your player board, could not identify them anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no specific pieces included to use as Hatred Tokens, so you can use whatever you have available.

There are a lot of pieces doubled up in the box because of having cardboard and wooden versions, and many of those would work well (especially the Treasures and Crystals).

As long as everyone knows that you're using the wooden version on the map for its original purpose and the cardboard version as hatred tokens (or vice-versa), there should be no problems with getting them mixed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh W
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's what I assumed.
Other pieces can definitely be used with no problem

Can't wait for the Minis/Expansion order to come in... I think I'm going to take a crack at some form of fancy box for the whole collection. I will certainly post it up here when it is all said and done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.