Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok if I have a survivor that can’t wear armor due to having Crystal Skin, and he manages to get Regsl Armor forced upon him. Can he???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
icechamber wrote:
Ok if I have a survivor that can’t wear armor due to having Crystal Skin, and he manages to get Regsl Armor forced upon him. Can he???

I do believe that crystal skin says that you ignore Cursed. In that case the armor slides right off into settlement storage and if you want you could even put it on some other poor schmuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect!

I know
Spoiler (click to reveal)
who is killing the Lv3 Kings Man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh I hadn't thought of that, lovely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Now that I'm thinking about it I'm not 100% sure that they'll actually gain the armor into storage. If you already had some regal armor and then became crystal skin then it would fall off, but I'm not sure if that happens if you're already crystal.

Either way the crystal skin won't gain the armor for sure, so it's up to you if you want to keep it around as a trophy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kdm faq has a similar question regarding saviors who get "other" gear, and refers (improperly) to king's curse items.

The item does not go into storage. It just gets lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Kdm faq has a similar question regarding saviors who get "other" gear, and refers (improperly) to king's curse items.

Actually, this is a grey area because Crystal Skin ignores Cursed. So at the moment that it's "removed" by the survivor it doesn't have cursed active. We know that a cursed item which is not held by a survivor doesn't disappear, so therefore short of a decision on intent from Word of Poots the Regal Gear does indeed land in the settlement storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fenpaints wrote:
t3clis wrote:

Actually, this is a grey area because Crystal Skin ignores Cursed. So at the moment that it's "removed" by the survivor it doesn't have cursed active. We know that a cursed item which is not held by a survivor doesn't disappear, so therefore short of a decision on intent from Word of Poots the Regal Gear does indeed land in the settlement storage.

Honestly though. If it is cursed and bestows the curse onto the wearer. Why would you even care to wear it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
icechamber wrote:
fenpaints wrote:
t3clis wrote:

Honestly though. If it is cursed and bestows the curse onto the wearer. Why would you even care to wear it?

For funsies mostly. If you tried really hard (and got really lucky) you could end up with a full set of Regal Armor just hanging out in settlement storage, which would be pretty cool, if not practical. I think I saw somewhere that Regal Armor might be getting some tweaks (and maybe even a set bonus?!?!) in...the gambler's chest? KDM Advanced Rules? Something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crystal Skin survivors can also take off and put back on the Belt of Gender Swap to be uh... what ever the settlement needs them to be. Hahaha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
icechamber wrote:
fenpaints wrote:
t3clis wrote:

You should never overlook things like this, odd edge cases that seem to be little more than curiosities can create very unusual and special situations/builds and similar in this game. It might remain nothing more than an oddity, but depending on the GC (As others have mentioned) it might become something more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T D
United States
flag msg tools
fenpaints wrote:
icechamber wrote:
fenpaints wrote:
t3clis wrote:

You should never overlook things like this, odd edge cases that seem to be little more than curiosities can create very unusual and special situations/builds and similar in this game. It might remain nothing more than an oddity, but depending on the GC (As others have mentioned) it might become something more.

Man, that would make the King's Curse Philosophy pretty brutal. Just imagine a settlement full of people who subjugate those with crystal skin,using them to farm more pieces of regal armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.