GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,744 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spending Endeavors to Remove Plague rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark A
msg tools
I pulled the Plague Settlement Event, rolled a 1 so it will return next lantern year. The card says if you spend an endeavor and roll a 9 or 10, the event is removed from the timeline. I have ammonia and rolled for my 4 survivors but was unsuccessful in rolling a 9 or 10 to remove it. I still have 4 endeavors remaining. My question is, can I continue to spend all my remaining endeavors for this Settlement Phase to attempt to try remove it from my timeline? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
There's nothing restricting you, so feel free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember if the SE says that the endeavor asks you to nominate a survivor to be cured, or if you choose the cured survivor before rolling.

In the first case, nope, you can't.
In the second case, yes, you can and you should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
msg tools
Nope, it doesn’t mention a specific survivor until AFTER you roll. On a 1-8 you select a survivor to be cured. On a 9-10 all are cured and you remove the upcoming plague from the next LY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you had to spend an endeavour for every survivor to try and cure with ammonia. That's what I've done twice, did I only need to use 1 for all 4 of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
msg tools
Yes, you have to spend an endeavor for each survivor to roll on the cure chart. On a 1-8 they are cured, but if you roll a 9-10 all survivors are cured, and you can remove the plague event if it is scheduled to appear on your timeline again in the next LY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.