Hide
4 Posts

Pub Battles: Antietam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Being attacked in Road Column rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sia Rezvani
msg tools
The rules indicate that if you are attacked while in road column, the attacker is considered to be in flanking position. This makes perfect sense if the attacker is attacking the front or back of the column (as they will have a devastating enfilade down the entire column).

Is this also the case if the column is attacked from the side? The column would be much more able to return fire against an attack from the sides of the column. Or are we considering the column still "flanked" because they are not in proper formation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strand
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Combat from any angle is given the flank modifier. A unit in march column is strung out on a road and not in any combat order. There is a serious argument to be made that the unit should suffer auto-Elim, but this method is almost the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sia Rezvani
msg tools
Ok, thanks, that's what I suspected. I also have a question about stopping at least a 1/3 foot move from an enemy. If I'm moving infantry a short distance in column and I stop 1/3 foot move from an enemy, and I still have at least 1/3 of a normal (non-column) move left, can I then approach and engage the enemy in normal formation? (I assume yes, I just couldn't keep moving toward that enemy in column)

Does cavalry also get a 3x movement bonus if moving on a road in column?
(I assume yes)

Thanks for you thoughts, Mike! Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HunterBachus wrote:
I also have a question about stopping at least a 1/3 foot move from an enemy. If I'm moving infantry a short distance in column and I stop 1/3 foot move from an enemy, and I still have at least 1/3 of a normal (non-column) move left, can I then approach and engage the enemy in normal formation? (I assume yes, I just couldn't keep moving toward that enemy in column)

Does cavalry also get a 3x movement bonus if moving on a road in column?
(I assume yes)

I would think Yes to both questions. Units can really fly across the map in the PB system if unimpeded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.