Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kit Strong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I decided to take a stab at my first proper foam core insert and it came out pretty well. I have the base game plus all expansions but not the Collector's Box. I realized right away that everything would pretty easily all fit in the base box and with a bit of work it fits quite nicely and is all easily accessible.

The rulebook still sits nicely on top of everything.

Under the rulebooks are the first layer of trays along with the tile holder.
One tray holds all the basic game cards, Hazard cards in one segment and Player aid/bios cards in the other along with some of various bits.
For the Tile holder I decided to just include one divider to separate all the expansions tiles from the main tiles. The other tray is just a simple token tray.

Removing the card and token trays reveals the Meeple/dice tray along with a tray for all the expansion cards and bits.

And finally underneath that card tray sit the player boards.

I could have further divided the expansion content but I think it works pretty well as is. The trays all fit quite snugly and there is a bit of extra room if I decide to move all the other tokens and such out of the card trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kaytor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well done! I have made a few dozen inserts for all of my games, and enjoy the process. Keep it up with different games and you'll pick up little tricks for storing different components. For example: you can cut two very short pieces and attach to the walls where the cards go. That way they won't slide around in their holder, but you'll leave an open slot to get your finger through to pick them up.
But awesome job nonetheless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.