8 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card 17 misprint question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In unpacking my decks and storing them I noticed a problem with what I assume is card 17. It has the main center sticker but not the border around it. I know there is a place I can go to request a replacement but I am guessing I don't actually have to bother. Can someone confirm that

Spoiler (click to reveal)
all the border says is pull card 18? I had to peek at the cards around it to confirm what card it was and that's what they say

Also, has anyone seen this on other cards? I don't want to go through the whole deck because, spoilers. But now I'm nervous that other cards might be missing more important borders and I wouldn't find out till mid game and be stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane: So you're saying it's a sticker card, but it isn't diecut so you can properly remove the sticker part? I haven't heard of that happening, but it's certainly possible. Can you just cut off the sticker and place it in the rulebook? You don't need that card after the sticker is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is cut, but only the center remains. The outer edge is missing as if someone had peeled it off, which would likely have the instruction in my spoiler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Jamey, I think he has the center sticker, but not the "border" around it. On the history/rule cards, you have to peel the sticker and the border tells you which card to draw next.
He is missing that border (and so the card number too).

Edit: ninja'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bingo cycyx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I see. Yeah, I've seen that happen one other time--I'm guessing the machine that cuts the cards had the sticker peel off in the machine. From what I've see, it's an anomaly. I'm going to post the text of the card below (Game 1 spoilers), as it's important:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Ah I see. Yeah, I've seen that happen one other time--I'm guessing the machine that cuts the cards had the sticker peel off in the machine. From what I've see, it's an anomaly. I'm going to post the text of the card below (Game 1 spoilers), as it's important:

maybe better to get his email address and just email him this image? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, that is readable after I click on it and get the larger version.

Perfect, thank you Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.