Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Langston
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Longer time listener, first time nit picker...

On page 11 of the rule book, there is a scoring example. Louise has a chain of three Blue Camel ancestors but it seems that tree wouldn’t be possible given the tile placement rules. The middle generation is out of whack.

Understanding that this is a scoring example and not a tile-placement example, and it’s already a little weird that the example shows every player with a tree of only five tiles (as opposed to the six you’d expect after the first round), is Louise’s tree possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marc,

The scoring example is a little wonky...but almost possible.

You’re right - the way it’s laid out, they couldn’t have been be played exactly that way. (As a reminder, you only need one legal connection to another tile to place a new one - it’s okay to have other connections that dead end.)

Also, players only place 5 tiles each round - when players are down to two tiles left, they choose one and discard the last one.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Calliope Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Langston
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have some doubts about the plays that would lead up to Louise’s tree...but I am banning myself for further discussion because I didn’t read the rule about discarding the sixth tile each round!
Thanks for the reply.
Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.