Subject: 'All Bridges Burning' - a COIN game too far? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

I was looking through GMT's P500's when I spotted 'All Bridges Burning' - a COIN game about the Red Revolt and White Guard in Finland, a subject about which I know slightly less than nada.

I see pre-orders currently stand at 11 which surprised me. Don't these COIN guys fly out of the gates?

I'm not a massive COIN fan, though I own a few of them. I don't mind them, just not mad for them.

So what's the issue for the lack of pre-orders? Is it topic, COIN fatigue or what? COIN fans over to you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This wargame looks way too cool !

Thanks for pointing this out !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Conner
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it was just announced. Check back in 1-2 months and I'm sure it will have made the cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

I was looking through GMT's P500's when I spotted 'All Bridges Burning' - a COIN game about the Red Revolt and White Guard in Finland, a subject about which I know slightly less than nada.

I see pre-orders currently stand at 11 which surprised me. Don't these COIN guys fly out of the gates?

I'm not a massive COIN fan, though I own a few of them. I don't mind them, just not mad for them.

So what's the issue for the lack of pre-orders? Is it topic, COIN fatigue or what? COIN fans over to you...

It was just added to the pre-order list today (or at least GMT pointed it out in their Dec. 18th newsletter). Up to 203 orders already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an interesting coincidence, I have just received a few seconds ago an e-mail from GMT announcing the P500 of this game ...

Like the previews poster has just mentioned, the small number probably reflects the fact that this game has just been made available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:
As an interesting coincidence, I have just received a few seconds ago an e-mail from GMT announcing the P500 of this game ...

An interesting coin-cidence indeed whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Moss
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
Up to 203 orders already.

I think a lot of folks hadn't gotten to their email yet today. 279 as of right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
You call me a masterless man? You are wrong. I am my own master.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already up to 279!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads say yes, tails say OK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

paradoxes wrote:
It's already up to 279!

OK, over half way to making the cut on the first day.

False alarm, move along folks. Nothing to see here whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Add to this that it is on a very unfamiliar topic (how many people do you know, including yourself, already knew there was a Finnish Civil war in 1918), and Vesa Arponen is not a well-known designer ... not like Volko or Mark Herman, but Vesa has done brilliant development and 'bot work on multiple COIN series titles.

I signed up today, of course.
I think 279 (probably more now) on the FIRST DAY is very good indeed.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pledged, thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb

We're at 342 now. Thanks everyone for their support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only just saw the new COIN yesterday in the GMT news just published. Wow, it's picking up fast.

I would be interested, if I had space in that category. I like some games off the main paths, and it sounds excellent for solo, very interesting with it having been made by master COIN bot maker VPJ Arponen.

But for me the coolest thing about the December Update was to see the tentative production schedule for 2018. Two MBT expansions in Feb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some kind of issue ASL players have with the COIN system/game?

I just got the email this morning so i'll put it on my P500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian hunt
United States
red rock
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also says plays 1-3 which is perfect for my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got around to adding my pledge, was at 355 when I signed up... so I guess the OP gets an Early Bird/Adopter award?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle E
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the 'heads up' on this one, just put in my P500

I do think there is a bit of so called COIN fatigue. I let a few of the titles go from my collection. I prefer the smaller footprint COIN games like Cuba Libre and Falling Sky. I think Cuba Libre is my favorite of the series, waiting for the expansion for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The report of my death was an exaggeration.

— Mark Twain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have almost all of the COIN games, but I'm passing on this one. There is a limit to what I'll own in a particular series and it's beginning to get there now. Most significantly to me, I'm a history nut but have no interest in this specific part of history. The game mechanics are just not enough to compel me to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
One reason for early surges is also the fact that you can auto-order particular series. I'm guessing GMT hadn't yet applied the COIN auto-order to the game yet. Once they did, I bet it made a quantum leap of ~200 orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HAVE YOU PEOPLE NO SHAME? NO DECENCY? NO DISCRETION? NO SHRED OF HUMANITY?

All this hyping of a new COIN game on the FINNISH CIVIL WAR? Really?

Don't any of you care about the state of my finances? Have you no compassion for a man torn between needing more shelves for his games and wife who simply has no understanding of this disease I carry in me? The addiction paired with the power of suggestion are making my life a living nightmare..."Where can I hide this game?"..."What will the wife say when another box shows up and I hurriedly take it downstairs without a murmur?"...being asked "What are you doing again with that corner clipper at 1 a.m.?"...my bank calling about the utterly shameful state of my holdings...the shelves, bursting with so many games cry out "NO MORE!!"...

So what am I to do with you people who, with no hint of apology, dangle ANOTHER game in front of me? P500 order it of course!

Merry Christmas! laughshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Jim, you are the man!

Here I was patting myself on the back for posting a tweet that got the P-500 on another printing of SPQR from 496 to over the hump and about 515, and here you are causing hundreds of pre-orders.

I was gonna tell GMT to put me on the payroll, but if they did that, you would be my boss.

RESPECT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Lunga wrote:
... this disease I carry in me?

I hear ya brother! Your description is a page of my diary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
Ashiefan wrote:

Jim, you are the man!

Here I was patting myself on the back for posting a tweet that got the P-500 on another printing of SPQR from 496 to over the hump and about 515, and here you are causing hundreds of pre-orders.

I was gonna tell GMT to put me on the payroll, but if they did that, you would be my boss.

RESPECT!

Getting SPQR over the hump was harder work. This was an easy one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.