2 Posts

Partners» Forums » Rules

Subject: Partners - Rule Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Board
msg tools
Hi

I've been playing Partners for a while now and enjoy it very much; it never seems to get old for my friends and I but there are a couple of points that I would like a more experienced or Danish player to clarify for me.

Firstly, the rules clearly state that a piece that is on the "Home" space and two pieces that are on the same space are "protected" from being switched by a "byttekort" card BUT is a piece "protected" from being switched by a "byttekort" card when it is on the "Start" space?

The rules refer to the two spots on the start/end space as "Start" and "Home" which implies that they are to be treated differently but we have always played that a piece on the "Start" spot is also "protected".

Secondly, the rules state that the moves on the "7/2" card "can" be split up and used by two or more pieces but does that mean it can't be used to move only one piece?

Currently we play that it must be divided two pieces exactly which I think is wrong.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Norris
Denmark
Viborg
flag msg tools
?
badge
Sorry, I dont eat mouse cursors
mbmbmbmbmb
Partners is clearly just a kind of copy of the game Dog.
But sadly the Danish designer weren’t very good as copying the rules.
The rules are open for people to make up their own interpretations on alot of things.
Alot of Danish gamers avoid buying Danish editions of games for the same reason.
I only tried Partners once and it was a horrible experience. Dog has clearly writen rules and here all the other players were like, this is not how this works. But the rules didnt mention the topic at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.