Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Cryo North Studios is working on our first game (to be officially announced in coming weeks) called Lost To Time

Lost To Time is a real-time cooperative game where players have accidentally activated the traps in the temple and must find 4 keys to deactivate them and open the doors to the relic chamber where the most unimaginable treasure is waiting to be taken.

We are looking for talented writer/editor to write the content for the rule book.

Requirements:
-Prior writing experience is a must.
-Proven expertise in the English language and creative writing.
-Exceptional proofreading ability, attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.

We are also looking for professional translators in French, Spanish and German language. If you think you qualify for the above position then please apply by submitting your resume and sample of your work to jobs@cryonorthstudios.com

Cryo North

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cryo_north_studios wrote:
Requirements:
-Prior writing experience is a must.
-Proven expertise in the English language and creative writing.
-Exceptional proofreading ability, attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
-Exceptional communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
-Excellent time management skills.

The time management skills must be exceptional and excellent? I can see why you want to hire a writer.

However, requiring creative writing expertise for a technical writing job is pretty weird. Critical thinking and problem-solving also seem dubiously relevant for rulebook-writing. (You aren't expecting them to invent the rules, are you?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you for pointing out the errors Jeremy. I guess I should have proofread the post before posting but I had to post it before leaving the office. I will fix the errors. I am sorry for the confusion that might have caused to some people.

As per the "creative" writing. We want to add some flavor text to the rule book as well as some background story for the game.

Cryo North

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Coope
msg tools
Just want to clarify before I apply, this is a paid position right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
DarnezFC wrote:
Just want to clarify before I apply, this is a paid position right?

Yes it is a paid position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
Another suggestion.
Prefer "professional" players with high skills in english than professional translators with no skills in playing...
As a player, it is sometimes a shame to see translation that means nothing in terms of play... Concernint rulebook, it is always possible to go back to english but impossible when it is printed on the board, or cards...
Boris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
Hello
Another suggestion.
Prefer "professional" players with high skills in english than professional translators with no skills in playing...
As a player, it is sometimes a shame to see translation that means nothing in terms of play... Concernint rulebook, it is always possible to go back to english but impossible when it is printed on the board, or cards...
Boris

We had kinda hoped that by posting on this forum, it would automatically filter out and give us candidates who are players themselves or at least have experience in gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Do you need the writer to create art assets and visual design for the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
ad2017 wrote:
Do you need the writer to create art assets and visual design for the rulebook?

Hi Andrew,

We do not require the writer to create any visuals for the rule book. We have a graphic designer on board for all the visuals and assets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
Hello
Another suggestion.
Boris

We had kinda hoped that by posting on this forum, it would automatically filter out and give us candidates who are players themselves or at least have experience in gaming.

What is the schedule expected ?
How many words to translate ?
What price / word ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
Hello
Another suggestion.
Boris

What is the schedule expected ?
How many words to translate ?
What price / word ?

We would like to have the final draft of the rule book written by end of January and then the translating can begin. There are currently about 2700 words (5.5 word document pages) in the current draft but the word count is most likely to be reduced.

As per cost, it will depend on who fits within our budget based on the quotes given by each candidate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your precisions
but if translation is starting february, what is the expected delivery date ?
just to see if it is compatible for me to propose something.
Boris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
Hello
Another suggestion.
Boris

As an amateur rulebook translator, and avid player, I tend to agree.
No use having a non-expert player translate rules they don't understand.
If they could play the game or watch it played before translating, the better.

I won't apply because I already have a full-time job but I'm interested nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
Thanks for your precisions
but if translation is starting february, what is the expected delivery date ?
just to see if it is compatible for me to propose something.
Boris

Expected delivery date is end of March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhaval Mistry
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Razoupaf wrote:
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
Hello
Another suggestion.
Boris

As an amateur rulebook translator, and avid player, I tend to agree.
No use having a non-expert player translate rules they don't understand.
If they could play the game or watch it played before translating, the better.

I won't apply because I already have a full-time job but I'm interested nonetheless.

No worries Razoupaf. If things change for you then please do let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.